Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the security upgrade downloaded to their car yet by the dealership. Just got my letter from FCA explaining the process and it seems straight forward but still a little hesitant about reprogramming the PCM. If you had it done, any issues??

·
Registered
2018 plum crazy 392 T/A
100 Posts
Haven't gotten a letter yet, but I also installed a shock sensor into the factory alarm earlier this year.
Was a 4 wire hook up and easy install.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just got my letter yesterday, since it's just me and the wife who drives it, I won't bother. I saw it had an enhancement for Valet Mode, but it may work to enable it when you park, so if it gets stolen it will only accelerate to idle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been to the dealer twice recently and asked about this software update.
Both times I was told that the dealer was aware of the update, but had not received any info from Mopar on how to perform the work.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just looked at the letter again, and it may be VIN# specific. Maybe check with FCA field operations..

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've been to the dealer twice recently and asked about this software update.
Both times I was told that the dealer was aware of the update, but had not received any info from Mopar on how to perform the work.....
Hi NHRAMARK,
Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Please follow up with us via PM to provide additional details.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just looked at the letter again, and it may be VIN# specific. Maybe check with FCA field operations..
Hi WICU,
At this time the update for new security features is only available for 2015-2021 SRT or Hellcat Charger and Challenger models. Please use the link below to learn more about our new security features.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
184 Posts
Has anyone had the security upgrade downloaded to their car yet by the dealership. Just got my letter from FCA explaining the process and it seems straight forward but still a little hesitant about reprogramming the PCM. If you had it done, any issues??
Hi Frostbite21,
Please feel free to contact us via private message if you need any assistance regarding your new update.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
2016 Challenger ScatPack
93 Posts
Just read the link. I had a 200S with that tracking system in it i think. Thought it was a bluetooth button and ended up turning out it was a carjacking panic button. Found that out after they tracked me for 2 hours all the way back home and a sheriff rolled up to the door. 🤣

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi WICU,
At this time the update for new security features is only available for 2015-2021 SRT or Hellcat Charger and Challenger models. Please use the link below to learn more about our new security features.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Thanks Rob, I will consider it during next service.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just read the link. I had a 200S with that tracking system in it i think. Thought it was a bluetooth button and ended up turning out it was a carjacking panic button. Found that out after they tracked me for 2 hours all the way back home and a sheriff rolled up to the door. 🤣
Sounds like an interesting ride home..8\

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,026 Posts
Just got my letter yesterday, since it's just me and the wife who drives it, I won't bother. I saw it had an enhancement for Valet Mode, but it may work to enable it when you park, so if it gets stolen it will only accelerate to idle.
The security update is for 6.4 liter and Hellcats to PREVENT theft. Without the code the car doesn't put out more than 3hp. May be a good idea to get it regardless how many use the car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
sounds like a good start, I hope the intrusion mod will be available for 2021 Scat pack owners and not just 2022. If the cost is not crazy I would consider paying for it. I think that would a be a huge help

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks Rob, I will consider it during next service.
You're welcome! We are happy to help.

Rob
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I spoke with a couple of dealerships in my area (San Diego) and they are pretty much in the dark about this security upgrade. I think Dodge needs to reach out to it’s dealers and get them up too speed. One dealer told me to bring it in and they could “probably “do it, doesn’t instill a lot of confidence when your told probably. The upgrade seems like a good idea, at least to deter amateurs from joy riding. Hope Dodge can make it happen.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I spoke with a couple of dealerships in my area (San Diego) and they are pretty much in the dark about this security upgrade. I think Dodge needs to reach out to it’s dealers and get them up too speed. One dealer told me to bring it in and they could “probably “do it, doesn’t instill a lot of confidence when your told probably. The upgrade seems like a good idea, at least to deter amateurs from joy riding. Hope Dodge can make it happen.
Hi Frostbite21,
Feel free to reach out to us via PM if you need help getting the update completed.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 17 of 17 Posts