Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger 1320
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking all over the internet and haven’t been able to find a definitive answer on this one since 2019 where a scatpack ran mid 10’s with cam and heads.

Just curious if anyone in here knows the current record for the fastest NA (no nitrous) 6.4 hemi currently, it is a goal I’m looking to compete with and want to know my competition to beat

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
4,656 Posts
There is more to it then that, best is to check your Vehicles performance on a Track and then that gives your a base line from where your at and then sort out the upgrades to help.
Even Tire Pressure makes a difference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is more to it then that, best is to check your Vehicles performance on a Track and then that gives your a base line from where your at and then sort out the upgrades to help.
Even Tire Pressure makes a difference.
I know where I’m out lol, I track my car. I want to know the record so I can beat it

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
I know where I’m out lol, I track my car. I want to know the record so I can beat it
An impossible task. Thousands across the U.S. run their Challengers at the strip and on road courses. Then there are those who print fake time slips and nobody can tell the difference between the real and the fake. So... What's the point?
-John

·
Registered
575 Posts
Reactions: lukectruitt

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An impossible task. Thousands across the U.S. run their Challengers at the strip and on road courses. Then there are those who print fake time slips and nobody can tell the difference between the real and the fake. So... What's the point?
-John
I mean fair enough, I’m just not so pessimistic about it and figured this is a great place to attempt to find out

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not familiar with Cunningham's law? Just post your best time and proudly proclaim you have the fastest North American time for a 6.4 however you defined it. You actually might have more difficulty defining your criteria though. I imagine bone stock would be mid 12s and something considered somewhat stock but modified low 11s...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not familiar with Cunningham's law? Just post your best time and proudly proclaim you have the fastest North American time for a 6.4 however you defined it. You actually might have more difficulty defining your criteria though. I imagine bone stock would be mid 12s and something considered somewhat stock but modified low 11s...
Honestly really good idea that I never thought about, really appreciate that answer

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
650 Posts
Thanks for the response, I did see that video and it is an insane car but it’s a non vvt 392, not the same 392 used today
Far as I know ALL 6.4 blocks were Vvt blocks

I know someone that has one of those 6.4 smog motors in a 4 door pick up truck. Came in it. With a ZF a8 trans. Haven’t talked to him in 2 or 3 months dunno if he got into the 9’s this year or not but he will if he hasn’t already. 4 door truck going 10 flat ha. Hope you have a lot of money and don’t mind spending it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Far as I know ALL 6.4 blocks were Vvt blocks

I know someone that has one of those 6.4 smog motors in a 4 door pick up truck. Came in it. With a ZF a8 trans. Haven’t talked to him in 2 or 3 months dunno if he got into the 9’s this year or not but he will if he hasn’t already. 4 door truck going 10 flat ha. Hope you have a lot of money and don’t mind spending it
The block he had in that video is a drag pack 392 block, was before Dodge had even came out with the modern gen 3 6.4 as far as I could tell, in the video the guy mentions it’s non vvt. As for that truck that’s pretty impressive, right now I’m sitting in the high 10’s, and yes I’m aware of the money to be spent lol, I’m prepared. Appreciate the info though!

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
4,656 Posts
So you want times from people at different tracks other then your area in different climates different times a year and go accordingly?
Best to talk to people in your area in similar cars with Drag Racing each track in different location car has to be setup for its conditions,
Elevation, Humidity, Temp, Track etc., Time Slips say from Gainesville FL would not help someone in say Tennessee for instance.

It was a long time ago but when my Uncle had a Late Model each track setup was so different regardless, same with the Pro Street Camaro,
Same with the GNX and Regal Turbo T. If I ran same setup I used in St.Pete at Bradenton, or Lakeland for instance got my A** handed
to me by the guys who only setup and ran them tracks. Their Time Slips for instance would not help me say in Gainesville.
You adjust it at the Track or your not going anywhere with improvements. Trial and Error and big $$$$$$$$ with a lot of patience to dial it in.

Tires for Instance reacted different and as you know you dont plant that HP to the Asphalt you can be beaten by a slower car that can plant
more HP to the track. Just fact of Racing what works for your setup and location wort work well for everyone else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you want times from people at different tracks other then your area in different climates different times a year and go accordingly?
Best to talk to people in your area in similar cars with Drag Racing each track in different location car has to be setup for its conditions,
Elevation, Humidity, Temp, Track etc., Time Slips say from Gainesville FL would not help someone in say Tennessee for instance.

It was a long time ago but when my Uncle had a Late Model each track setup was so different regardless, same with the Pro Street Camaro,
Same with the GNX and Regal Turbo T. If I ran same setup I used in St.Pete at Bradenton, or Lakeland for instance got my A** handed
to me by the guys who only setup and ran them tracks. Their Time Slips for instance would not help me say in Gainesville.
You adjust it at the Track or your not going anywhere with improvements. Trial and Error and big $$$$$$$$ with a lot of patience to dial it in.

Tires for Instance reacted different and as you know you dont plant that HP to the Asphalt you can be beaten by a slower car that can plant
more HP to the track. Just fact of Racing what works for your setup and location wort work well for everyone else.
I don’t want the record in my county or state. I want the record period. So yes I want the times from everyone regardless of where they are. Thanks for your input though

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
650 Posts
The block he had in that video is a drag pack 392 block, was before Dodge had even came out with the modern gen 3 6.4 as far as I could tell, in the video the guy mentions it’s non vvt. As for that truck that’s pretty impressive, right now I’m sitting in the high 10’s, and yes I’m aware of the money to be spent lol, I’m prepared. Appreciate the info though!
I think the guy was confusing MDS and VVT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tough to be sure.

So many variables.

I ran my entirely stock other than wheels and tires '19 scat pack through the quarter at 11.72 this past season. I was pretty damn excited for that.

But there are so many ways to gain speed. Anderson composites sells carbon fibre body panels for challengers. I imagine if you had the cash you could cut hundreds of pounds from the car without it being obvious and gain a lot that way. That doesn't require any more power. But its very much not stock anymore.

It would be fun to see how much weight you could cut from the car without reducing daily drivability or the appearance of it being stock. Then do all the engine tweeking you can without adding nitrous or forced induction and see what you can do. All it takes is a pile of cash. A big big pile.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tough to be sure.

So many variables.

I ran my entirely stock other than wheels and tires '19 scat pack through the quarter at 11.72 this past season. I was pretty damn excited for that.

But there are so many ways to gain speed. Anderson composites sells carbon fibre body panels for challengers. I imagine if you had the cash you could cut hundreds of pounds from the car without it being obvious and gain a lot that way. That doesn't require any more power. But its very much not stock anymore.

It would be fun to see how much weight you could cut from the car without reducing daily drivability or the appearance of it being stock. Then do all the engine tweeking you can without adding nitrous or forced induction and see what you can do. All it takes is a pile of cash. A big big pile.
I’m currently running high 10’s in my 1320, I already have a good bit of weight off compared to a stock scatpack, I’m in the process of engine work, was just curious if anyone knew the actual record but seems like no one in here does

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m currently running high 10’s in my 1320, I already have a good bit of weight off compared to a stock scatpack, I’m in the process of engine work, was just curious if anyone knew the actual record but seems like no one in here does

Dang I'd like to hear the mods you've done to reach that. I know the 1320s are going to be a bit faster but that's great.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts