Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been planning on black chroming my fuel door for a long time and finally got around to getting it done. I was able to get it done for $80 and then I think I did the center badge on it for $35 if I remember correctly. The center badge I had made about a year ago so I could be off slightly on the price of that. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. It really looks good on my '13 Rallye Redline. Anyway, here are the pictures:

Before

Removed from Car

Taken apart and Center Badge Removed

Post Black Chroming

Put Back Together

Installed with new center badge

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Looks DYNOMITE!! :smileup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks y'all. I thought it turned out well and lots cheaper than buying the black chrome one the blacktop comes with.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
Looks really good! Is it simply black chrome, or were you able to have it matched to your factory paint?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks really good! Is it simply black chrome, or were you able to have it matched to your factory paint?
I took my car to a place that does color chroming. My original plan was to match the grey color on my Redline's wheels but it was turning out splotchy. My second choice was matching the black so we picked one as close to matching as possible from his samples and went with that.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Looks pretty good...I definitely like black chrome over flat black. :smileup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Have you looked into any vendors in SD? I am going to call a couple tomorrow and get a quote for the fuel door and grill surround and I will post back the info.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Have you looked into any vendors in SD? I am going to call a couple tomorrow and get a quote for the fuel door and grill surround and I will post back the info.
I've been considering the grill surround too but not sure I'd I want to do it or not. Will love seeing your's once you do it to help me decide. Oh something to remember is to ask if the place does the chroming on plastic. The place I went to said they couldn't. If I do mine I will have to go to another place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts