Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been having a brutal winter this year in Michigan and it's been driving me crazy with trying to keep my car clean since it's my daily driver. I've been spraying it off all the time at the quarter car wash, but after a while it just needs a good handwashing to get all the crud off of it.

Finally the other day it warmed up into the 40's and the snow started melting. So I got out the bucket and sponge and washed it up really good. I know it's going to get wiped out again soon, but at least I got the old dirt off haha!

I also brought my floor mat in and cleaned it up really good with carpet cleaner and stuff. Vacuumed the interior with my travel shop vac. Looks good again, makes me feel better! :smileup:

Any of you other guys/gals out there driving your cars on a daily basis and struggling to keep it clean this winter?

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Mine is a DD too but we don't get near as much harsh weather as you do. Frankly, I don't know how you stand it when you have to drive it for an extended period between a good complete washing.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Glad you were finally able to give it a proper wash! I can barely go a couple weeks without wanting to wash mine, I would probably go crazy if I had to wait as long as you. Luckily I too don't have to worry about crazy snow related messy issues, down here our "winters" are basically just rain every few days. Speaking of, it's storming right now. Think this weekend I'm gonna have to break out the sudsy bucket as well! :smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
Mine is a DD too but we don't get near as much harsh weather as you do. Frankly, I don't know how you stand it when you have to drive it for an extended period between a good complete washing.
Agree with Coyote here. I can't stand to drive my car for any time without washing it. Unfortunately, I may have to. Won't be above freezing for about a week. This past week the WIND has been relentless!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,957 Posts
Likewise here, although the dust has been horrible this year,I usually end up at least rinsing it once a week.

·
Registered
13,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I go to the quarter car wash on an almost daily basis after getting home from work to spray it off. But that only does so much. It gets most of the crap off, but not like a good handwash with a bucket and sponge would do.

It's been below freezing for so long here in Michigan I've just not been able to handwash it and I'm not taking it through an auto wash where everyone else's dirt will scratch my car up. I used to go to the touchless auto washes now and then but read that they use some super harsh chemicals to get everything off your car so I don't really like that idea anymore either.

This weekend it'll be above freezing so I'm going to handwash it again really good, clean up the interior good, clean under the hood, etc. Then we'll just have another month left of this crappy winter and it should start getting warmer in April. Once it's a little warmer I can put a good coat of wax on again.

I'll be glad when I get another car to drive soon so I can keep this one tucked away in the garage over the winter.

·
13,007 Posts
There's nothing like a clean car!!

·
Registered
13,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's some pics of my car today after I washed it and cleaned it up really good. Not bad for a daily driver driven through the nasty winter. :smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
Looks great Carl! It is always such a great feeling to have the car clean and beautiful again!

·
Registered
13,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I agree! It's like you gain 20hp when you wash your car up, feels faster haha! I'm sure it will get wiped out next week, but at least I'm starting with a clean slate. It's supposed to get a lot colder next week but no snow, so maybe it will stay clean for a little while.

While I was at the car wash today there was a guy with a 2014 Camaro ZL1 there, bright red, 6 speed, etc. I talked to him for a few minutes, said he just picked it up a month ago. Says he loves it, very fast, handles great, etc. He liked my car too, said he always liked the Challengers.

·
Registered
13,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep driving a dirty car sucks! That's why I can't stand winters here! Anxiously awaiting spring. Florida is great, nice weather all the time!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.