Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real pain to install but I'm pretty happy with the results. I still have the door panel and door armrest pieces to install but my fingers hurt too much. I'll let it sit in the sun for a few days and then maybe steam the seats to get rid of the few wrinkles.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
You know I used to not like the look of red leather in the Challengers... but hot damn those look awesome :rep:

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
looks great! good way to bring a little life to the interior! the more i see other people changing up their black (charcoal) seats, the more i want to change mine... reps for the do it yourself!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,112 Posts
Those are very nice. Good job!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the all the reps. Now I need to figure out how to do the door inserts and armrests. The pieces came with the kit (does not look easy).

Reactions: hemigoblin

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,984 Posts
Wow those look great, nice job:smileup:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
How did you do the center console? If it's like mine, you had to use a air stapler, I don't have one so I'm going to have a shop install that and the door panels since you have to take the door panels apart using a heat-rod to remove the plastic rivets and remold them to use them again when putting back together.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
How did you do the center console? If it's like mine, you had to use a air stapler, I don't have one so I'm going to have a shop install that and the door panels since you have to take the door panels apart using a heat-rod to remove the plastic rivets and remold them to use them again when putting back together.
I used a pneumatic stapler and 1/4 inch staples for the console. A manual stapler won't go through the hard plastic. I've been watching some youtube videos for the door panels. I think I can do it.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Those look really nice! Great job!! I like the location RT logo on the seat back!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man them are sweet, how nice they would look in my Redline ! Are you coming near the Chicago area anytime soon ? LOL what did those run you and what brand ?
Thanks, Chicago is not in my plans anytime soon Lol. I paid around 1,100 shipped. The kit is over 80% leather which is way more than the OEM stuff. I got it from leatherseats.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.