Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 R/T came with Firestone Firehawk GT's which I liked. At around 60% wear, they began to hydroplane in the rain to a point of being dangerous. I had Michelin Pilots on a previous Challenger which were fabulous, but very expensive. I settled on the Indy 500's because they were about $700 for the set instead of $1100 for the Michelins. I was worried, but after putting 4000 miles on the Indies, I am satisfied. They corner well with aggressive driving, and stop well without excessive skidding. The performance in the rain is good. I live in South Florida and we get very intense thunder storms here. Rain performance is key. I also live close to desolate roads where I can open the throttle without drawing unwanted attention from law enforcement. I've had my car up to 130mph for short stretches and the Indy 500's perform perfectly. It's scary how fast you really can go in these cars without a single shutter, sway or vibration. Interestingly, my R/T has more pedal ,i just don't have anymore nerve! I would buy the Firestone Indy 500's again. The tread is very aggressive and interesting looking.

Disclosure: I don't work for Firestone. I settled on these because of budget.
s-l1600.jpg

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
Before winter storage.. I have enjoyed my set of Indys... pretty good bang for the buck....imho...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts