Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine posted this on FB......he saw this in a parking lot by his house.

Reactions: Coyote

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I'm liking the new look. Very nice to know that Chrysler didn't screw the pooch on this re-design.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,473 Posts
I didn't think they were available yet?

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
Well it certainly looks like a 2015, inside and out, so I'm guessing it must be one of their test mules. Nice find. :smileup:

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
I didn't think they were available yet?
2015 production is scheduled to begin July 21 and the order banks are to open June 9 th. So this most likely must be a test vehicle or one possibly given to an executive to use.

·
12,989 Posts
It certainly looks different.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've passed 6 of them on the road by my house in the last week. Always travel in pairs, all with manufacture plates.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The more pictures I see, the less I like it. Maybe in person will be better.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,002 Posts
I like the looks of the exterior, but the automatic shifter looks like a hold over from the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (JMO---not cool).

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,576 Posts
Is it just me or does the trim below the tailights look screwed up?

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,409 Posts
I would have to see one in person to make a decision on whether I like it or not. However, this picture makes the back look a little weird. The tailpipe openings look sort of funny along with the above stuff already said.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
It's got a Manufacturer plate so yeah, test mule on the loose.
Maybe a test mule but also could be some one one the design team. My uncle was on the 2005 mustang design team and after the car was revealed the people on the design team each got a turn at driving the new mustangs 3 to 4 days to celebrate/advertise.

Thanks for posting it Susie. I'm with Kilo on the bottom of the rear taillights with it dirty the back bumper looks awkward.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
kind of dirty...no?!!!!!
Kind of real dirty! :shakehead:

And I am just not a fan of that shifter, at all.

PS. And this is just an aside... but, notice the big black boxes on the outside of the pictures on the first two... when taking a picture OR video with the iPhone... turn the phone on it's side!!! :smileup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Only thing I like on the 15's is the new dash, but I don't like it any better than the old ones but it does have a few cool features missing in the older ones. And the reflectors or lights in the rear bumper do look fugly. I wonder if they run these mules for awhile then take them back to the factory and tear them to pieces to find out how well they held up? I'm keeping my 2012!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks so good it's got me thinking about trading my RT but I've done so much to
Mine!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
My Nephew who is a Detective for the Richmond PD called me the other day and swore he saw a pair of '15 Challengers on the Interstate outside of Richmond. He said they were in the passing lane and speeding considerably. LOL

However, he was on his was to a training seminar and could not pursue them. He is somewhat of a car nut a his Dad was always a muscle car guy and then having me with the classic Pontiacs the entire time he was growing up etc. So I trust his judgement as he has been interested in the Challenger since we bought ours. I kinda blew it off to be honest until now. I hate to say that but I thought maybe they were just current models.

Now would this even make sense or be possible in Richmond, VA? He said one was definitely black and the other he could not be 100% but it too was a dark color.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts