Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of requests from our customers, we are proud to announce that Flowmaster Delta Force Cold Air Intakes will be available on May 1, 2017. Our R&D department has spent countless hours designing and developing these high quality, high-flow, serviceable intake systems that are the perfect performance complement to a Flowmaster exhaust system. Here's a shot of our Delta Force CAI for the 2017 Challenger Hellcat. This CAI will fit all 2017 Dodge cars equipped with a 6.2L engine. We will also be releasing an intake system for the 05-17 Challengers, Chargers, Magnums and 300C's with 5.7L or 6.1L engines on 5/1/2017. We'll have videos to share with all of you shortly. Let us know what you think. We'd love to hear your feedback.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it looks great! The issue everyone will want cleared up is dyno numbers. So far, we have only seen one CAI brand that actually makes power on the Hellcats. Do you have before and after dyno sheets you can share? Do you have pricing info available yet?
We appreciate that! With as much power as these cars are making from the factory, it is hard for many people to believe that there is still something left on the table. That said, we have dyno-tested this system and, like Flowmaster exhaust systems for the Hellcat, we were able to increase power. As most of you probably know, noticeable performance increases come from properly designed parts working in combination with each other and we are very excited to release our line of Delta Force Cold Air Intakes because that is exactly what we will be making available to our customers. Videos and dyno sheets will be released closer to the release date and out of respect for our distributors and retailers, pricing will be available on May 1st.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok I know FlowMaster as I have a FlowMaster exhaust system on my Challenger. But as someone with a aeronautical background I am hesitant about the intake tube being made from a plastic material instead of aluminum or material such as. Plastic even "heat resistant " plastic has been found to be adverse in use such as for "cold air" intakes. Plastic retains heat instead of dissipating heat thus causing the air in your intake to heat up about 37% more than aluminum thus cancelling out "cold air" flow to your intake system.

·
15 R/T Scat Pack from Spokane WA
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
233 Posts
Some types of plastic CAIs have been street tested and did exactly what you say, especially at idle, when they get heat soaked, even more than the factory rubber in some cases. I run a factory Hellcat box and Hellcat filter on my 6.4 and I think it flows pretty good, not sure how much advantage I would get with a more expensive option on my non supercharged engine --but there are threads dedicated to that debate lol

·
15 R/T Scat Pack from Spokane WA
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
233 Posts
That said, I still would like to see Flowmaster get into this market, and the Dodge Ram market.(hint) I would like to see a nice exhaust and intake combo for my 08 Ram

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about for the 6.4L?
It's on the list. Expect to see a Flowmaster Delta Force Cold Air Intake System for the 6.4L Challenger, Charger, Magnum and 300C by early July.

Ok I know FlowMaster as I have a FlowMaster exhaust system on my Challenger. But as someone with a aeronautical background I am hesitant about the intake tube being made from a plastic material instead of aluminum or material such as. Plastic even "heat resistant " plastic has been found to be adverse in use such as for "cold air" intakes. Plastic retains heat instead of dissipating heat thus causing the air in your intake to heat up about 37% more than aluminum thus cancelling out "cold air" flow to your intake system.
Our intake tubes are constructed of rotationally molded Cross-Linked Polyethylene, or XLPE, which is widely used in the automotive aftermarket because of its impact and stress crack resistance, chemical resistance, and high heat deflection temperature.

That said, I still would like to see Flowmaster get into this market, and the Dodge Ram market.(hint) I would like to see a nice exhaust and intake combo for my 08 Ram
We appreciate that, Popssxt! Flowmaster currently offers a large number of exhaust systems for Ram Trucks and we are releasing a Delta Force Cold Air Intake for 09-17 Ram Trucks on May 1st. Hopefully, we'll have one for the earlier models in the coming months.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's on the list. Expect to see a Flowmaster Delta Force Cold Air Intake System for the 6.4L Challenger, Charger, Magnum and 300C by early July.

Our intake tubes are constructed of rotationally molded Cross-Linked Polyethylene, or XLPE, which is widely used in the automotive aftermarket because of its impact and stress crack resistance, chemical resistance, and high heat deflection temperature.

We appreciate that, Popssxt! Flowmaster currently offers a large number of exhaust systems for Ram Trucks and we are releasing a Delta Force Cold Air Intake for 09-17 Ram Trucks on May 1st. Hopefully, we'll have one for the earlier models in the coming months.
Nice

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there anything you would recommend or just wait into July. I have a stock '12 392 challenger. 470hp. Just trying to push it to about 530hp. I know nothing about cars really.

·
Honey Badger don't give a $#|£
298 Posts
Is there anything you would recommend or just wait into July. I have a stock '12 392 challenger. 470hp. Just trying to push it to about 530hp. I know nothing about cars really.
This is not going to get to there. Get a tuner from Hemifever. That can get you maybe close to 490+hp. Cold air is only good for s couple ponies if that.

·
Honey Badger don't give a $#|£
298 Posts
Before a tuner do i need a cold air intake.
Depends on who you ask. It may help a little more with the 392. I have 345 which I think has the same airbox as yours. (If it can feed yours im sure it can feed mine) And the factory box is closed to the engine bay and breathes throught the bottom which is outside air for the most part. The "cold air" kit It s breathe from under the hood. Not cold air at all. So lookin at it that way. On the other hand the " cold air kits are way more prettyr'
Lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts