Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I pick my mom up and turn on the auto temp control (it was hot!) and hot air is coming out, not just regular air but heated air! The only way I could get the A/C to work was to move it off auto temp control to manual fan. Every time I tried auto all I got was full blown heated air (the temp setting was set to cold). Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I absolutely dread taking my car to the dealer:(

·
12,989 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much, I should be covered under the warranty.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,654 Posts
Today I pick my mom up and turn on the auto temp control (it was hot!) and hot air is coming out, not just regular air but heated air! The only way I could get the A/C to work was to move it off auto temp control to manual fan. Every time I tried auto all I got was full blown heated air (the temp setting was set to cold). Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I absolutely dread taking my car to the dealer:(
I would try a quick battery disconnect and see if it was just a hiccup.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice:) Today I drive it... completely normal. Yesterday I had the car on and off several times and it was consistently not working. Sounds like something reset or there is short somewhere. Will provide update on how this plays out...

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I would try a quick battery disconnect and see if it was just a hiccup.
That worked on my son's '13 Ram, he had the same issue. Disconnecting the battery even works on multi-million dollar helicopters, its like re-booting a computer.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I had a similar problem but it was the fan, first it would not work on high unless I jiggled the control knob, after several days of that, it would bounce off every time I hit a bump in the road, finally I gave in and took it to the dealer, my extended warranty covered the repair. All the computers in cars these days, a reboot seems a logical answer. One time my radio speakers quit working, dealer installs new ones, 2 days later they quit again and I take it back, software upgrade. Are you kidding me, the stereo needs a software upgrade????

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Advice most appreciated:)... but it hasn't acted up again after the first day. If it does I will certainly disconnect the battery as step 1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts