Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got 3 runs in on my Challenger 1320 this past Friday night at Houston Raceway Park. Would have gotten a few more in if it wasn't for a turbo LS powered S10 spilling tranny parts and fluid on the track.

First run I was kinda feeling the car/track out so, didn't go hard. Next two runs were both close, 11.83 and 11.88 at ~ 115.5. Leaving at 1400 the second run, and about 1600 the third. Didn't use the transbrake on last run because the Camaro next to me screwed up multiple times staging. Totally feel like I have ALOT more left in the car after these runs. Hoping for some 11.5's or lower on my next time out. DA probably won't be like this again any time soon.....went negative at about 6PM and just kept dropping.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
Congrats! I remember when a 12 second car was something to be respected!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! I remember when a 12 second car was something to be respected!

You're not kidding! I was VERY surprised it was able to crack an 11 like it did. I'm not trying to be too optimistic, but it feels like there is ALOT left in it if I didn't wuss out and just let it fly. Can't wait to get back out there and surprise some more brand X cars!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Not bad, I'm assuming its still stock? What's the specs on your options and if you have all the seats.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was on Racestar 18x5's and 17x10.5s. M&H bias plys in the front and M&H 325/50/17s on the rear with shortened sway bar endlinks. I also pulled the front sway bar.
Just the drivers seat with the spare tire cover and subs removed.

·
Registered
991 Posts
That was on Racestar 18x5's and 17x10.5s. M&H bias plys in the front and M&H 325/50/17s on the rear with shortened sway bar endlinks. I also pulled the front sway bar.
Just the drivers seat with the spare tire cover and subs removed.
Can 17" wheels be fitted on the front and rear?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think 17's will clear the brakes on a Scat Pack car in the front. Idk about an R/T.
To get the 17's to fit in the rear, I shortened the rear sway bar end links 1 1/4". I also bent the plastic lower fender liner in just a bit. Nothing crazy.....and that is to fit a 10.5" rim mind you.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
You're not kidding! I was VERY surprised it was able to crack an 11 like it did. I'm not trying to be too optimistic, but it feels like there is ALOT left in it if I didn't wuss out and just let it fly. Can't wait to get back out there and surprise some more brand X cars!
Keep at it; you'll be more than pleased with what these cars can do bone stock. I've done 5 runs in the 11.4x range, out of the 47 I've done so far. Ironically, have not had the chance yet to run this car in really hot weather. The highest DA I've run in was 834 where I ran 11.608.

Can 17" wheels be fitted on the front and rear?
I'm running Vision American Muscle 571 Sport Star II Black 17x4.5" in the front with no problems at all on my 1320. I know others are using 17x10s in the rear without issues.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,440 Posts
Keep at it; you'll be more than pleased with what these cars can do bone stock.

I'm running Vision American Muscle 571 Sport Star II Black 17x4.5" in the front with no problems at all on my 1320. I know others are using 17x10s in the rear without issues.

But do you have the 6 piston or 4 piston brembos ???

·
Registered
991 Posts
Keep at it; you'll be more than pleased with what these cars can do bone stock. I've done 5 runs in the 11.4x range, out of the 47 I've done so far. Ironically, have not had the chance yet to run this car in really hot weather. The highest DA I've run in was 834 where I ran 11.608.

I'd like to go 17 x 9.5 all the way around if I can. I just don't want the tires to touch the fenders.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
54,363 Posts
I'd like to go 17 x 9.5 all the way around if I can. I just don't want the tires to touch the fenders.
Before you decide on wheels you should research tires that fit that size wheel. Your car came with tires with a speed rating make sure you match that or not go below an H rating likewise with load rating.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thats good to know on the fronts. I assumed 17s would not fit based on what other SP owners have said. If I run across a deal on some 17's, I may jump on it to save a few more lbs. How much do your wheels weigh?

I think my Racestar wheels up front weigh about 18lbs each and the M&H racemaster bias ply tires 18x4.5x28s were about 17 lbs each....

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
But do you have the 6 piston or 4 piston brembos ???
The 1320 has the four piston Brembos; Scat Packs have the 6 piston. I was able to get an 18" rim on the front of my Scat, but just barely.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Thats good to know on the fronts. I assumed 17s would not fit based on what other SP owners have said. If I run across a deal on some 17's, I may jump on it to save a few more lbs. How much do your wheels weigh?

I think my Racestar wheels up front weigh about 18lbs each and the M&H racemaster bias ply tires 18x4.5x28s were about 17 lbs each....
I've seen quotes of 17 lbs for the 17x4.5 American Muscle wheels. I haven't weighed them.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,440 Posts
The 1320 has the four piston Brembos; Scat Packs have the 6 piston. I was able to get an 18" rim on the front of my Scat, but just barely.
As I thought...that's why he can run a 17" up front.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts