Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today is a first time for me to clay bar the car. I started at 8:30 a.m and did the wash. I got the clay barring done about noon. Took a break and then used Meguiar's Scratch X and got rid of a few mild scratches. Waxed Jazzbluebaby with Meguiars NXT Tecg Wax 2.0. Was finished by 4:00 p.m. I will be sitting down for the rest of the day!! Here are a few pics:

Attachments

Reactions: oilslick and vin57

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,621 Posts
Wonderful. Absolutely gorgeous. That's a long day by itself for all of that hard work. :smileup::wow:

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
Looks like you did a nice job, I have yet to ever clay bar a car, but I may have to give it a go one of these days.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you did a nice job, I have yet to ever clay bar a car, but I may have to give it a go one of these days.
If this old broad can do it, I am sure you will be fine. Watch a video first to get the jist of it. It is really not hard. The clay bar had brown splotches on it from picking up the gunk on the car. The car feels so smooth now. It is really amazing that it works like that. The clay actually sticks to your hand when you are using it. Don't be afraid to try it!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,500 Posts
Wow, Betty, sounds like you Cida lot of work on JBB today, and she shows it!

She really looks good, I owe ya Reps!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,620 Posts
Betty, looks like you did a great job, the car is really shiny.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Great job Betty! You got that thing looking good.

I bought a clay bar kit for mine too, but have yet to do it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Claying is one of the easiest step in detailing and one of the most rewarding. Your paint should feel like melted butter. nice job.

Just use lots of lube and dont drop the clay!

Congrats...car looks fantastical.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Awwwwright Betty! Glad to see you finally got over the clay bar hurdle and got her done. Future clayings will be much easier and take way less time. You will develop an instinct to tell how often your paint will need to be clayed, but for now try to clay it once every 3 months or so and you will keep your paint in top condition! :smileup:

And super reflections!!!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks John for your support, advice and encouragement in getting me to git-R-done!!

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Betty, wow I got tired and cracked a beer just reading, LOL! Seriously she sure looks very shinny and clean! Good job and your hard work and efforts show very well!

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
You deserve a beer!

Nothing like spending the day going over every line.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Its tough work, but the outcome is worth it. Yours looks fantastic. As soon as the pollen is done for the year here I'm going to do mine. Can't wait!

That feeling as you run your hand over the car after a wash/claybar.....I don't want to be put on that My Strange Addiction show BUT.....;)

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That came out very nice. I bet your right arm needs a Sunday rest.
Yes, I definitely need a little rest today!!! It is hard to capture in pictures the smooth feel of the car. It definitely made a difference.

Thanks to all of you for your kind compliments. Makes the work seem worth it!!

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Betty,Betty , Betty you really have to start reading some of my posts on the NanoSkin Autoscrub Sponge instead of clay.

It will save you hours of time works as good or better as claybar's and when combined some other products ends up mine this now warning you wont be able to set anything on the car like microfiber towels ect they will slide right off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts