Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well today was the warmest day I've experienced since moving to USA, so I decided to take advantage of it and fit my halo lights and black grill.

Removing the front bumper is a pain, my hands will never be he same after the dreaded hidden bolts on the inner wing.

What do you guys think? (excuse the second picture, my iPhone was having a panic attack because it got a bit darker, you can still see the halo lights).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tidied up the wiring in the engine bay today, I wanted to try and make it look like it was meant to be there. I used some black wire tubing and fed the wires through the firewall (1st picture), via the big grommet which houses the wire harness.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info do they use halogen bulbs or hid?
Mine are halogen, you can fit the aftermarket HID's though. They are H9 bulbs though not H13.

If you have the factory HID's they do a unit specifically for them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
looks great!!

Any tips on removing Fascia? Planning this project...
after feeding tubing through firewall, how was the access to that feedthrough up under the dash?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Looking Good!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks great!!

Any tips on removing Fascia? Planning this project...
after feeding tubing through firewall, how was the access to that feedthrough up under the dash?
Thanks mate,

The fascia is a bit of a pain, I'll write the order in which I removed it.

• Jack up the vehicle and remove both front wheels.
  • Remove the service plate and the other front plastic plate from underneath the car.
  • remove the plastic trim rivets and pull back the wheel arch liners.
  • There is a bolt really high (one each side) up inside the arch liner, its near the light. Its really hard to get to. You will need a 10mm extended socket to get to it.
  • disconnect the side marker light and fog light wires (if you have them), there is also a connector to disconnect on the passenger side too, you will see it when you move the bumper away.
  • remove the top bolt on the front splash guards, these hold the bumper on too.
  • you can pop each side of the bumper off the retaining tabs now, so it sticks out.
  • the bumper is held on at the top by a few plastic trim connectors, which are located under the plastic trim panels at the front, you just lift them off and you will see them.
  • Finally there is a mounting bolt in each corner, above each light, just unbolt them.
  • The front will just come off then.
When feeding the wires through the firewall I wrapped the positive and negative in tape to give it a bit of weight. If you remove the glove compartment, you will eventually see the wire come through there. You then need to remove the stereo surround and feet the wire under there. After that, remove the top part of the center console (just pulls off) to expose the 12v socket wires. you can tap into that to make sure the halo's come on when the ignition is on.

Hope this helps a bit. If you need any more info, just ask and I'll try to help :smileup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all,

Well today was the warmest day I've experienced since moving to USA, so I decided to take advantage of it and fit my halo lights and black grill.

Removing the front bumper is a pain, my hands will never be he same after the dreaded hidden bolts on the inner wing.

What do you guys think? (excuse the second picture, my iPhone was having a panic attack because it got a bit darker, you can still see the halo lights).

I just purchased a set, you mean the entire bumper has to be removed in order to install them?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts