Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Follow up from my last post:

942 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Leonard Walk 
#1 ·
I posted my car last week about having a incident while I was driving and I was overwhelmed by how nice and genuinely understanding this forum was too me. I truly appreciated every comment as they all helped me troubleshoot my issue. That being said my issue was much smaller than what everyone was leaning towards. One of the comments on the challenger subreddit hit it head on. My axle snapped from aggressive wheel hop in 2nd. That being said my cars back on the road and I just wanted to follow up and show my gratitude I’ll drop a picture in the comments of my poor axle lol.

See less See more
#8 ·
Reading your original post again it occurs to me you had a pretty good idea of the problem and how it manifested itself. I'm glad it wasn't a clutch, I'd hate to think they could actually fail with such little advance warning and that my limited understanding of their characteristics hasn't been proven wrong (yet). Glad your car could be fixed relatively quickly and inexpensively but this
"decide to get on the car from 2nd gear and feel the car go and then I lose power" sounds like you may have left out a few little pertinent details...not sure what kind of tires you are using in the cold but my stock 5.7 will light my Good Year Eagles up in 2nd gear in the middle of summer and heaven help the driveline if they ever decided to hook up. ...I was going to make a joke involving Mustangs but I think I will just wish you many safe and responsible years of driving with that beautiful Challenger.

#9 ·
I'm glad you got it figured out. I've always checked further back in any system that had a failure, especially mechanical failures. Was there any thought to inspect the differential or any discussion between you and the shop about it? Typically a joint like this is designed partly to break at a point so that other items (the differential) don't sustain damage either. I'm not trying to be the alarmist but just asking.

So happy she's back on the road. Enjoy!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.