Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,482 Posts
Discussed on here plenty before. Clean with soap and water, use paint prep, then adhesion promoter. You don't need high temp paint, just good quality and a good clear. Duplicolor is fine.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
I washed and wiped the cover down and sprayed adhesion promoter and then sprayed primer. I also used adheasion promoter when spraying a base color. The first attached picture is after adhesion promoter/priming and then using adhesion promoter/Krylon fusion red. The second picture was after painting the metal flake red over the prior prep.

I'm going to let it cure til next weekend and then I'll mask off the center section and paint it black and let that cure and then apply gloss coat.

I'm just getting started but I'm trying to go for a look similar to this, which was done by Rajunz, using adhesion promoter/Testors metal flake blue. I'm not sure if I want my 5.7L V8 to be chromed or red so I painted it red for now. I'll mask it off when I paint the center black.

Take it easy
Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks for all the help . nice pics too . I looked at other engine pics on the site also ,,,, there are some very talented thinkers here . Thanks . BooBoo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts