Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2015 SP Shaker
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to feel upbeat.

It's the middle of January and I know in less than eight weeks I'll be back on the streets 馃. This is my third year of storing during Iowa winters and I'm grateful that I can, cuz I wouldn't want it any other way.

A few weeks of this.........
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Will turn into this in no time :cool:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Registered
2015 SP Shaker
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Depending on your insurance provider, you can remove certain coverage that doesn't apply to a car in storage. In my case, these are removed since they aren't necessary and I don't have to pay for the coverage:

-Bodily injury/property damage.
-Medical expense.
-Collision.
-UM coverage.
-UIM coverage.
-Death & disability.
-Air bag discount.

Anything beyond that (which is not on my policy) is covered by the owner's policy of my storage facility.

Registered
2015 SP Shaker
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I don't do start-ups anymore when it is in storage because I have heard that the 5.7 factory cam and lifters fail with extended idling. Not sure if that is born in fact or rumor but I don't want to take the chance.
I will go out every now and then, put the pedal to the metal and crank it a few cycles just to oil things up.
The car will not start with the pedal mashed to the floor but it gets oil in the rotating mass.
I don't do an extended idle........once I hear the engine go to idle RPM, I shut it off.

Registered
2015 SP Shaker
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Jeff, been out of the loop for a few days. But, like you, can't wait for the Spring cruise ahead of us. The Redbud trees, then the Dogwoods. Spring is a beautiful time as the world awakens from it's winter slumber! :)(y)
I'll just take a day in the 50's and tell the streets I'm back 馃.

Registered
2015 SP Shaker
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Jeff, you could find you one of these and the cold and salty roads would not matter. It's the same color so it's close. View attachment 317980

Jeff Hall
That is the closest one I've seen so far. But haven't found a Shaker one yet. Thanks for the heads up (y).

I do have a couple that grace my house. And the RC one is great for ripping carpet 馃.
Tire Car Wheel Hood Vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts