Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my blastin bobs 5.7 auto 2 1/4 inch resonator delete with glasspacks kit. A local shop quoted me 200 on the install. No way I'm paying that much for something that comes with instructions and is said to be a DIY. My question is, on a scale of 1-10, how hard was install. Does anyone have pics of the install? Will all the tools I need be a circular saw, exhaust clamps, and socket wrench? Ph, and a extra set of hands? Anything else? After that quote, I'll check out another shop or 2 in neighboring cities, but if they all quote around the same price, I'll get a case of beer and try my hand at it myself.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
$200 is crazy, IMO...I did it myself. You make 2 cuts, slide em on and crank em down.

I dunno if I'd try to cut the stock pipes with a circular saw though. Sawzall and the like is much better.

I had a little bit of a tough time deciding where to make my cuts. Had plenty of second thoughts, so I just cut them a little longer than I thought and test fitted. If it looked like more could/should be cut, I pulled the BB off and cut a little more off. Overall it was pretty easy.

Add some goggles or safety glasses to your list because there will be plenty of flying shavings.

I didn't have an extra person and it wasn't tough at all. The exhaust hanger will hold the end up once you get it started on the stock pipe.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I did it myself but I would suggest a good angle grinder/cutting wheel and something to spread the ends of the BB pipes so they can easily fit over your stock pipes. I warn you, the pipes are everything you hoped for!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
5 years ago... :eek:ld: I had my local Midas Muffler shop do it for $60.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
If you can use a sawzall and a read a tape measure....you're golden. Lol save yourself a ton of cash and bite the bullet....you got this!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Now why didn't I post that....lol its my video after all! Lol

Reactions: ply67cuda
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.