Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much debate and doubts about doing this I have decided to pull the trigger and get it done. Here is some background to explain why I went this route. The Mistress has 112K miles on her right now. I was afraid of taking a gamble and throwing a supercharger on her and waiting for it to take a crap. Would it have happened I don't know but why taking a chance of having to do this all over.:str: So after talking with some friends who like to track their Challengers. I decided to go with Arrington Performance. They will be installing a forged 392 block, 274 Comp Cam with Phase limiter, Phase 6 heads, blue top soleniods, and tuning. The build will be NA. Talked to Wyatt at Arrington to lock in my place in their schedule. So the Mistress and me will be heading up to Arrington on monday to get the work done. I will be flying back home and hopefully be flying back in a week to pick her up from her face lift !!! Can't wait to get this done!!:smileup:

Reactions: 70barcuda

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds great JETTECH104! Going to be doing the same later this year except I have a E-force sitting on top right now. If you have never been up to Martinsville you are in for a treat. I've been three times to Arrington, you will be impressed. Good luck and will be waiting for the outcome. Your Mopar will be in the best of hands!

·
13,007 Posts
Your doing the right thing Jettech , I'm sure you will be very happy with the results, your car is in new hands.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds great JETTECH104! Going to be doing the same later this year except I have a E-force sitting on top right now. If you have never been up to Martinsville you are in for a treat. I've been three times to Arrington, you will be impressed. Good luck and will be waiting for the outcome. Your Mopar will be in the best of hands!
Congrats!!
Your doing the right thing Jettech , I'm sure you will be very happy with the results, your car is in new hands.
Thanks guys!! I am nervous and excited at the same time!!:4-jump2::4-jump2: Its like the first time you hand your kid the keys after they get their drivers license.:str:

·
Registered
23,118 Posts
Congratulations, I'm looking forward to reading about you build. Let us know what kind of power you end up making with that cam. :smileup:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations, I'm looking forward to reading about you build. Let us know what kind of power you end up making with that cam. :smileup:
Will do!!:smileup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds awesome. Post lots of pics please!! :smileup:

Reactions: jkelly16

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds awesome. Post lots of pics please!! :smileup:
Thanks and I will tell them to take some pictures for us!!!:smileup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Congratulations! you have worked so hard and spent the dollar in search of good track times!
You deserve the Arrington 392 bullet!

(when you see me around Stockbridge don't shame me too bad!)

·
13,007 Posts
One good thing here for you Jettech, you won't have to deal with all this timing chain nonsense.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations! you have worked so hard and spent the dollar in search of good track times!
You deserve the Arrington 392 bullet!

(when you see me around Stockbridge don't shame me too bad!)
Lol thanks. I blame my boy Joe for taking me to CHALLENGERFEST3 AND THEN I DROVE THE MISTRESS IN CF4 AND THEN ATLANTA DRAGWAY IN OCT. GOT BITE BY THE RACING BUG.
One good thing here for you Jettech, you won't have to deal with all this timing chain nonsense.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.

Congrats on the build.:smileup: You forgot tires:D, you are going to need new tires!!:Racing:
NO I HAVE THAT TAKEN CAR OF WITH A SET OF HOOSIER SLICKS FOR THE TRACK. STREET TIRES NO...:4-jump2::4-jump2:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I dropped of the Mistress today at Arrington. Scott (3838) dropped his SRT8 off for some work. We convoyed together from Atlanta and on our way up we stopped at Greensboro airport and picked up Stewart who was picking up his car from Arrington. Afterwards he gave us a ride back to the airport. Now the wait begins!!!

Reactions: dodge boy

·
13,007 Posts
Well I dropped of the Mistress today at Arrington. Scott (3838) dropped his SRT8 off for some work. We convoyed together from Atlanta and on our way up we stopped at Greensboro airport and picked up Stewart who was picking up his car from Arrington. Afterwards he gave us a ride back to the airport. Now the wait begins!!!

I hear you about the wait, i know from experience that it can be a nerve racking thing but in the end its all worth it, good luck!!

·
13,007 Posts
Hey Jettech, what kind of lead time did Arrington give you??

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hear you about the wait, i know from experience that it can be a nerve racking thing but in the end its all worth it, good luck!!
I know you are right and I also know she is in good hands.
Hey Jettech, what kind of lead time did Arrington give you??
Two weeks!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any word yet JETTECH? That thing is going to be a beast for sure.
Making progress. New block is done. Old engine out. Here are a few pictures they sent to tease me with. :wow: LOL

Black hole left.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Making progress. New block is done. Old engine out. Here are a few pictures they sent to tease me with. :wow: LOL

Black hole left.
Slowly coming along, hehe. Been following this thread. Plan on getting mine stroked to either a 392 or 410 down the road. Really looking forward to seeing the dyno results of your build. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.