Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Since my challenger was new (2011) the left side of the bumper fascia where it meets the top of the fender and down below where it meets the lower part of the fender at the wheel opening it doesn't fit properly. Right side is practically a perfect fit anyone out here have a miss fitting front bumper? :4-dontknow: Any help or comments welcome

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,963 Posts
You will see it occasionally. My neighbor just bought a 2014 PCP RT and the passenger side front fascia does not align with either the hood or the fender. All 3 are at different heights. If you are still under warranty, talk to your dealer about it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! that appointment has been set for next week. I only have 7200 mi on it and the warranty (the bumper to bumper) expires this May

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Go to the back of your car and from 15ft away look at alignment of lights from side to side and their fit to quarter panels and back deck. are they strait and parallel? They piece spot weld together from back to front. Quarter panels first to body, deck lid has adjustments. Any mismatch will be seen on the front. My deck lid has 3/4 inch difference from one side to other,,, right side is lower therefore higher lid adjustment to straighten. Front is where it ends up. no adjustment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tanks for the info checked all as you said and found that if I remove the push pins along the front fender liner there is a 10mm bolt I loosend the bolt pulled the corner of the bumper fascia out to meet the leading edge of the fender ,tightened the bolt and put all the push pins back except the top one it didn't line up (the reason the bumper didn't fir at that area) I carefully filed the hole in the fender liner only,not the bumper material,just an eighth bigger with a file. push pin went straight in ---bumper lines up took all of 25 min

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh by the way I checked all body alignments and gaps they are all good I even went as far as putting my 3 ft long construction level to my garage floor to make sure the car was sitting on level ground then measured the wheel well hight from top to floor and the car is level within a 1/6 inch thanks again for your info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts