Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I recently had a custom grille badge made and figured out a way (with an assist from the Mrs.) to install an emblem WITHOUT having to remove the whole dang fascia. I had ordered an emblem with 2 bolts figuring I'd be able to reach behind the grille. Stupid me leaped before he looked and saw that is not possible on my 2015. So I removed the bolts from my custom emblem and improvised.

So the workaround was actually simple. Here are the steps I used:

1. I purchased a strip of aluminum.(I used 1/16" thick, 1/2" wide strip, 3' long)
2. Drilled 2 holes large enough for the cable tie (centered horizontally, measured for grille placement).
3. THEN, I cut the aluminum to length to stay hidden behind the emblem (I used aviation snips). It makes it easier to drill holes when you can hold entire length.
4. File down rough cut edges
5. Run an extreme temp cable tie through the holes (gets cold in Chi-Town). Keep in mind that the locking mechanism of the cable tie will go in back, so the badge will mount flush.
6. Attach 1 side of 3M tape, covering as much as you can around the cable tie. Cable tie sits down nice between 3M tape thickness.
7. Feed cable tie through grill ( I bent mine at the tip, didn't need anything to pull it back through.)
8. Make sure you can be able to pull on the cable tie. The locking mechanism of the cable tie fit perfectly between the honeycombs. Test for proper placement.
9. Tighten the cable tie and cut off excess. If you messed up, just clip the wire and do it again.
10. Remove 3M backing paper. 11. Press emblem into place. 12. Enjoy

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Hello all, I recently had a custom grille badge made and figured out a way (with an assist from the Mrs.) to install an emblem WITHOUT having to remove the whole dang fascia. I had ordered an emblem with 2 bolts figuring I'd be able to reach behind the grille. Stupid me leaped before he looked and saw that is not possible on my 2015. So I removed the bolts from my custom emblem and improvised.

So the workaround was actually simple. Here are the steps I used:

1. I purchased a strip of aluminum.(I used 1/16" thick, 1/2" wide strip, 3' long)
2. Drilled 2 holes large enough for the cable tie (centered horizontally, measured for grille placement).
3. THEN, I cut the aluminum to length to stay hidden behind the emblem (I used aviation snips). It makes it easier to drill holes when you can hold entire length.
4. File down rough cut edges
5. Run an extreme temp cable tie through the holes (gets cold in Chi-Town). Keep in mind that the locking mechanism of the cable tie will go in back, so the badge will mount flush.
6. Attach 1 side of 3M tape, covering as much as you can around the cable tie. Cable tie sits down nice between 3M tape thickness.
7. Feed cable tie through grill ( I bent mine at the tip, didn't need anything to pull it back through.)
8. Make sure you can be able to pull on the cable tie. The locking mechanism of the cable tie fit perfectly between the honeycombs. Test for proper placement.
9. Tighten the cable tie and cut off excess. If you messed up, just clip the wire and do it again.
10. Remove 3M backing paper. 11. Press emblem into place. 12. Enjoy
I am going with George Stanley Halas, final answer.

Reactions: HERE WE GO AGAIN

·
Registered
22,461 Posts
Way to improvise, nice job. :cool:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...and Go Bears!

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
Fantastic guess Mikey.... I had no idea....

Reactions: Bee Keeper 16

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice job! Happy to share the I've met Ronnie Bull (still alive and well in Bolingbrook) and Doug Buffone before he passed. Terrific guys!

I'd like to ask, where did you get the custom badge made?

Thanks.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice job! Happy to share the I've met Ronnie Bull (still alive and well in Bolingbrook) and Doug Buffone before he passed. Terrific guys!

I'd like to ask, where did you get the custom badge made?

Thanks.
PM Sent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts