Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to change this front daytime running light on
a 2010 SRT Challenger ? It's the main orange light that is always
on, next to the headlight.

Thanks in advance folks ! :)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Do you mean change the bulb? Open the hood, remove the filler panels over the area. Reach in and twist the socket counter clockwise from behind and it will come out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks waumo...are there any LED conversion bulbs available as replacement ? What is the OEM bulb anyways ?

cheers ! :smileup:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
It is a 3157A if I remember correctly. There are LED options but I didn't want to get into the possible LED problems with load resistors, etc. I did "sputter" some aluminum paint on the top (tip) of the bulb to eliminate the egg yolk look when parked. I tried some of the silvered lamps available on the market first and they burned out quickly. I would just replace with a 3157 to get a white light but we have to have amber by law.

Reactions: jjo

·
Dazed & Confused
36,605 Posts
I put the switchback led's in mine. The drl's run yellow unless you have the headlamps on, then they burn white. When you use the turn signal, they flash yellow so they are legal.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the switchback led's in mine. The drl's run yellow unless you have the headlamps on, then they burn white. When you use the turn signal, they flash yellow so they are legal.
Got any pixs of those lights ? Are they brighter & do they burn out quicker
than OEM ?

thanks again ! :smileup:

·
Dazed & Confused
36,605 Posts
Don't have any pics but they are led so you have to install resisters and should last way longer than regular bulbs. If you don't have drl's they burn white all the time except when turning, then yellow.

For those of you that have the drl's activated and still using regular bulbs, my sockets were starting to burn. I assume since the drl uses the bright side filament it will overheat the socket over time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a 3157A if I remember correctly. There are LED options but I didn't want to get into the possible LED problems with load resistors, etc. I did "sputter" some aluminum paint on the top (tip) of the bulb to eliminate the egg yolk look when parked. I tried some of the silvered lamps available on the market first and they burned out quickly. I would just replace with a 3157 to get a white light but we have to have amber by law.
I checked, Sylvannia has these which I'm guessing is OEM...

I didn't wanna go too fancey with LED's & resistors so will these below be ok (even though it says on the pack for rear/side lights on my Challenger)

Don't have any pics but they are led so you have to install resisters and should last way longer than regular bulbs. If you don't have drl's they burn white all the time except when turning, then yellow.

For those of you that have the drl's activated and still using regular bulbs, my sockets were starting to burn. I assume since the drl uses the bright side filament it will overheat the socket over time.
For fogs, can I just get these to sorta match my HID's ? any input on on these for replacement fogs ?

Thanks again in advance guys ! :smileup:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
If you look at the wattage listing on the packages, the 3057 has a slightly dimmer second (lower wattage) filament than the 3157. I doubt you will notice the difference. I think they are physically interchangeable but I never actually tried.

The Silverstar is also available in the 3157 designation.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I like the switch backs but the white is too bright imo, I just wanted to eliminate the yellow look on the lens , so I bought 3157a led replacements at autozone, 25.00 bucks for the pair and just plug and play no resistor needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts