Dodge Challenger Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts
I knew that there was going to be a clerance problem with this type of bracket on my SRT. That's why I mounted mine in the lower grill using 5" toggle bolts. After three years, no problems.

I bought the manual Show and Go and modified it. We made this bracket to fit existing holes under the car. The Show and Go is attached to this bracket and then telescopes all the way under the car. This bracket mounts to 2 existing bolts under the chin splitter and one of the belly pan bolts, feels extremely sturdy. The bracket that comes with the Show and Go we slotted and attached to this bracket. The photo is not the finished product, it's before we drilled and countersunk 4 holes for nuts and flat head screws to slide in the slots of the modified Show and Go bracket... and painted it. Bracket is bent and twisted to perfectly fit contours underneath the car to maximize ground clearance.. The problem with the standard Show and Go is it's still visible when its not deployed and you have to drill holes under your car. A lot more time and effort but another alternative for anyone interested. You do have to watch your ground clearance with steep driveways just like the unmodified Show and Go.

This is not deployed, deployed, and 2 shots from the front. I tried to shoot it from underneath but there just wasn't enough room. You have to watch your ground clearance with this just like the stock Show and Go, but no problems so far accept really steep driveways. I guess I'll take the chance of rubbing the bracket rather than putting holes in the car or hindering the cooling.

My plan is to never leave it deployed while driving and only pull it out if I'm pulled over, which is why I wasn't too concerned how it looked when the plate is showing. If I get pulled over I'm just gonna say I forgot to deploy it and here it is officer. That's my plan anyway!

I haven't had any problems driving on the road. The only time I have had an issue is in my own driveway which is pretty steep. If I come in fast it slightly rubs the plastic. Its the nature of the beast if you want it under the car and out of sight. The bracket we made is only 1/8 so that's what your giving up as opposed to mounting the stock show and go. There's really no perfect solution for a front plate on these cars. You do have to watch steep driveways with it but mine isn't a daily driver so I'm good with it. I've only driven it with the plate under the car, I don't think it would have any clearance issues when driving with the plate up.........but I haven't tried that yet.

Well I turned a corner with a big dip in it fast and I heard it scrape. Not much room to mess around under there with the plate under the car.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.