Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here replaced their side marker light lenses with the smoked ones?
Curious about if the light from the bulb transmits well through them and if you like them.

I need to buy 2 new front ones (replaced the bulbs and sheered off the pins on the lens that lock the bulb base in - guess I don't know my own strength .. or the plastic was cheap)

Anyway .. thinking the smoked ones may look cool with an amber bulb in it ...

Thanks

Russ

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,897 Posts
I purchased stick-on tinted side markers that you put over the stock lenses. They were pricey but looked great.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Russ,
I havent completed this mod yet but I'm going to "two-tier" my lenses with VHT Nite Shades. I got my rattle can spray from advance auto for 15.00.

What I'm going to do is to spray a light coat over entire surface and then place a decal in the center of the lens and spray another coat over top of that then remove decal...at least that is what I'm thinking. I'll put in a stage 2 or 3 marker LED from Diode Dynamics for the brighter illumination. That's the plan as of right now since Oracle hasn't come out yet with their custom SMD markers for the Challengers yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Russ,
I havent completed this mod yet but I'm going to "two-tier" my lenses with VHT Nite Shades. I got my rattle can spray from advance auto for 15.00.

What I'm going to do is to spray a light coat over entire surface and then place a decal in the center of the lens and spray another coat over top of that then remove decal...at least that is what I'm thinking. I'll put in a stage 2 or 3 marker LED from Diode Dynamics for the brighter illumination. That's the plan as of right now since Oracle hasn't come out yet with their custom SMD markers for the Challengers yet.
That sounds pretty cool...

I haven't changed out the side markers yet or even ordered anything (I drag my feet a little too much :) )... no matter what I do I need to buy new lenses since I sheared off the plastic pins that hold the base in when I was changing the bulbs last time... now that I have my stripes on, I'm currently just planning on buying the smoked black ones off eBay and putting an LED in them if a regular bulb doesn't seem bright enough... I'm thinking that for me simpler look is better...

Post what you are doing when you get them done... would love to see them. It sounds like it'll be pretty sharp.

R

·
Registered
389 Posts
That sounds pretty cool...

I haven't changed out the side markers yet or even ordered anything (I drag my feet a little too much :) )... no matter what I do I need to buy new lenses since I sheared off the plastic pins that hold the base in when I was changing the bulbs last time... now that I have my stripes on, I'm currently just planning on buying the smoked black ones off eBay and putting an LED in them if a regular bulb doesn't seem bright enough... I'm thinking that for me simpler look is better...

Post what you are doing when you get them done... would love to see them. It sounds like it'll be pretty sharp.

R
Check out http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/challenger.htm

They sell tint in 3 shades and colors

·
Registered
352 Posts
i just did the vth spray tint worked out well just have to apply light coats think i did 4 coats

·
Registered
451 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.