Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
37,808 Posts
If you have the tires turned all the way and are barely moving it's probably the tire slipping slightly(not rolling). You can turn it far enough for that to actually happen.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I'm moving 25-35 and 1/4 to 1/2 turn wheel it also does it and only turning left...Bearing has no play i can feel when i jacked it and checked for play...I was thinking tire scuff also... just strange it happens left only.
Just seems to happen when side loading the right front hub.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have that same problem. More like a vibration noise to me. I had the front end alignment checked and tires rotated. It still does it turing left at 25-35 mph. No problems turning right. Wonder if it could be in the power steering system? Any one else have this or noticed this? My car is lowered with the SRT springs and shocks and it has the Hotchkiss anti sway bars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hate to update an old thread but it's the spindle nut. I had the same problem recently with the front right side making a racket. Cranked the wheel all the way left at 20 mph and heard it. I'm surprised that everyone experiencing this has it on the right side only.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tightened it! I actually took it to the dealer after giving up trying to pinpoint the problem. I thought it was the chrome clad rim at first. If you are experiencing the same problem I have to think any dealer will take care of this easily.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tightened it! I actually took it to the dealer after giving up trying to pinpoint the problem. I thought it was the chrome clad rim at first. If you are experiencing the same problem I have to think any dealer will take care of this easily.
I bought the socket and did the same....so we know it is the same issue
:4-looney:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.