Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read posts stating how the installation of this bar was made more difficult because you have to remove the wiper arms and the cowl cover. The following install is completed without removing the wiper arms and the cowl cover. This installation is on a 2016 Scat Pack Shaker. This is a Razors Edge front strut tower brace, part number 306-5011

1. Gather the appropriate tools: 3/8 ratchet with 1/2 inch socket, flat head screwdriver, trim removal tool, 3/16 allen wrench, extra small flat head screw driver, Shaker removal tool, Dremel tool, File, 15/64 drill bit and drill.
IMG_1437.jpg

2. Unwrap the strut bar.
IMG_1418.jpg

Watch this video and remove the Shaker.

3. Remove plastic trim above PCM.

IMG_1419.JPG

4. Remove 2 bolts holding the PCM to the OEM brace on the passengers side and the two bolts holding the brace in position on the drivers side.

IMG_1420.JPG

5. Remove Christmas tree push pins that attach plastic trim to the OEM brace.

IMG_1422.JPG

6. Remove wire harness using trim removal tool.

IMG_1423.JPG

7. Remove wire located on drivers side that is attached to the OEM brace.

IMG_1429.JPG

8. Move PCM hold down out the the way and remove the OEM brace. pay careful attention to the rubber grommet that attaches to the bracket that holds the wiper motor.

IMG_1431.JPG

OEM brace.

IMG_1430.jpg

9. Attach wiper motor bracket to brace and secure rubber grommet.

IMG_1432.JPG

10. Drill hole here to reattach wire on drivers side. The brace did not come with this whole drilled. Use 15/64 drill bit.

IMG_1433.jpg

11. Remove nuts holding down the shock tower, insert new brace, attach nuts, secure Christmas tree trim pieces to top of brace, secure PCM bracket to brace with bolts on passengers side and secure brace with bolts on drivers side, reattach plastic trim piece above PCM, reattach wire harness on passengers side and wire on drivers side and slide bracket with attached robber grommet to wiper motor on drivers side. Tighten accordingly. Now the new brace is installed.

IMG_1434.JPG

12.Trim Plastic strut covers or replace with fancy billet covers.

IMG_1435.JPG

13. Install Shaker.

IMG_1436.JPG

This concludes the installation of the Razors Edge front strut tower brace without removing the wiper arms and cowl.

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
Very nice... Congrats on the instal... yours was much easier than mine. My brace did not align correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Good write up Mike. All your tutorials have been informative and well done.

Reactions: Bee Keeper 16

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
This is what I was talking about with the brace alignment
image.jpeg

·
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: wvhemis

·
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts

·
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
What's Old is New Again!
38,355 Posts
Good Write-up, Mike! Moving to the Knowledgebase!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Well done!!!

·
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good Write-up, Mike! Moving to the Knowledgebase!
I figured you would. That section indicated I don't have pricledges to post there. I guess that normal. Thanks for the move.

·
What's Old is New Again!
38,355 Posts
I figured you would. That section indicated I don't have pricledges to post there. I guess that normal. Thanks for the move.
Yes, members don't have privileges to start a thread in the Knowledgebase. This is to keep threads not relevant from being posted. An admin or mod need to review and move it into the section.

Submissions for the Knowledgebase should be posted here. http://www.challengerforumz.com/forums/knowledge-base-submission-forum.179/

Here are Guidelines. http://www.challengerforumz.com/threads/submission-guidelines.53833/

·
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, members don't have privileges to start a thread in the Knowledgebase. This is to keep threads not relevant from being posted. An admin or mod need to review and move it into the section.
Good to know. Thx.

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
image.jpeg
Here is a picture of mine installed after we had to take everything off to get it on after relocating the mounting holes

·
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
12,345 Posts
Have you installed your rear brace yet?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts