Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is ugh!! I know I'm pretty new here, and a lot of ppl probably haven't followed my "journey" to owning a Challenger RT lol, but her goes. I'm from MS, but I'm currently working in Houston, TX. The past few weeks, I've been searching for a Challenger RT. Color doesn't matter to me. I just want a few creature comforts such as heated leather and a sunroof. Well, I found one. A fully loaded 2011 with every option except 20" wheels in Mineral Gray metallic. She's a beauty! I called the loan officer up at my bank. We talked, discussed down payments, and we made the numbers work, and I was good to go. Now, this is where the frustration sets in. This beauty is in Georgia. For some reason, the dealership is having a hard time getting it titled to MS. Now the finance dept at the dealership is working with my loan officer and trying to get everything settled. Which sucks, because all I can do is go to work each morning for another 12 hour shift, and wait helplessly and in fear that I will get the phone call saying that they can't get it titled to my bank in MS. Honestly, I've been putting in 44 hours of overtime a week the past month, and the only thing that has been driving me is envisioning getting home, and getting behind the wheel of that HEMI, and hitting the open country roads of MS, sunroof on tilt, windows down, blastin bobs glasspacks on the straight pipes unleashing the true sound of that 345 monster under the hood, with no place to go and no where to be. Oh well, nothing I can do now except wait....and hope. I've already ordered a nice list of mods lol. Intune, custom challenger puddle lights, .75 cent mod, the 22" rims of my Charger, and the corsa square quad tips are in my cart ready to check out as we speak. *sigh*. I guess patience really is a virtue

·
Registered
520 Posts
Here's an option...

I had a similar problem with my financial institution here in Calif. They wanted the Calif long form loan agreement from a dealer in Nebraska!

It became clear that the Calif people were not able to process what I wanted to do, which was to have my credit union pay the dealer in Nebraska for the car and I would drive it back to Calif and register it there.

What I did was arrange financing through the dealer in Neb. and said to heck with the credit union. Worked out the deal and drove the Challenger home, with a 30 day drive away paper plate from NE., on a 2000 mi test drive!

When back in Calif, I went to the local DMV and did the registration paperwork and all is well....

Something to consider....

Jeff

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Wow! That is frustrating. Hopefully it will all work out. With today's technology you would think titling a car out of state would be a no-brainer. Hang in there and keep us posted.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
Patience is a virtue that most of us Challenger owners have a hard time with!! I special ordered my car, and from Febr. 2nd to March 22 last year I was fit to be tied. The wait is worth it, you will get all those details to fall into place, and be rewarded with a beautiful car!! Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I stalked my car for 4 months before I could get it. My buddy works at a Dodge dealer and he told me about it the day it hit the lot. I went down to see it and sent a picture of it to my wife to show her how cool it was. She said no.:shakehead: Every time I went to see my buddy I spent a few minutes with it to say hello. I sent more pictures to my wife, still no.:shakehead:

A few weeks ago I was in a small accident with my Dodge Avenger. After I made sure everyone was ok and nobody was hurt I called my wife as said, " Someone just rear ended me and I'm going to get my challenger this weekend".

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
That really is frustrating to have everything so close to your fingers but not able to grab hold of it. Hang in there! The reward will be sweet!

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
I stalked my car for 4 months before I could get it. My buddy works at a Dodge dealer and he told me about it the day it hit the lot. I went down to see it and sent a picture of it to my wife to show her how cool it was. She said no.:shakehead: Every time I went to see my buddy I spent a few minutes with it to say hello. I sent more pictures to my wife, still no.:shakehead:

A few weeks ago I was in a small accident with my Dodge Avenger. After I made sure everyone was ok and nobody was hurt I called my wife as said, " Someone just rear ended me and I'm going to get my challenger this weekend".
Lemons to Lemonaide!

·
13,007 Posts
Hang in there, it will be worth the wait!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I realize you have the ball rolling on this but if they cannot make it happen try a credit union. Anyone can join PenFed www.penfed.org and they do deals nationwide. As long as the dealer is holding a clear title they will cut a check in your name and the dealers. Once the car is in your possession you take care of registering at the DMV and mail the title and documents to the CU. Joining the CU and processing the loan application is done on line.

Good Luck!

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,675 Posts
I think the choices are obvious here.

1. Fly to Georgia, purchase it and drive it back.
or
2. Know that these folks want to make money and you will have your car soon enough.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words! You guys were right! That deal for the fully loaded 11 fell thru. But, I picked up a much better one. I'll have a surprise tomorrow. Going to pick up a beautiful 2014 redline 3 RT!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts

Still married I hope!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welp guys, I don't have any pics of the car yet. The best thing I can offer up is a picture of the stack of loan papers that I signed late this evening lol

·
Registered
3,209 Posts

Hey man you left us hanging ! LOL. So what was the wife's response after that?? And the rest of the story?? Inquiring minds want to know !! :4-dontknow:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.