Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We would like to start our first sale on Challengerforumz with our single most popular Late Model Hemi mod, FTI Converters!

Speed Rated has worked closely with FTI to develop a converter that will significantly improve 60' times, yet still be tame enough for daily driving activities. To date we have ran as high as a 4600 stall! While that is not the norm, there are several in the 3600-4000 range, with the 3200 stall being our most popular. The 2800-3200 converters will have stock like driveability, and the higher stall units will be more than tolerable on the street.

There are no off the shelf units available, each converter is custom built per particular application. During the first year of ownership, FTI offers one free restall if your combination changes drastically. In addition, these are 100% new units, with no core required.

FTI just had a price increase with the new retail price being $899.95, from now through the end of October we are selling these units for $849.95 shipped. Get yours today!

·
Registered
108 Posts
These converters are custom built to your application. There's no reused cores with these units. Everything is new.

We have several of these units out there now. Personally, I've had a 1.37 60' time. So far, that's the best 60' on any LX or LC vehicle. The 5.7 NA record was broken yesterday with 11.44 in 2000 DA with a FTI converter.

Please let us know if you have any questions on these units.

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
When these converters are designed, what do you need from the customer as far as specs to build it ? Dyno's ? List of everything on the car ? Any logs, and if so what needs to be logged ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
When these converters are designed, what do you need from the customer as far as specs to build it ? Dyno's ? List of everything on the car ? Any logs, and if so what needs to be logged ?
We need the basic build specs. Engine size and CR, cam specs, heads, weight of vehicle, and rear end gear. Also, if there are any power adders.

A dyno sheet is helpful. It is not 100% necessary, but they are nice to have on a very involved build.

My converter was built before my engine was ever installed and FTI nailed it on first try just going by the build specs of the motor.

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Dan??????????

What's the scoop on the converter?
I'm looking at this also. I've heard good things about the FTI.

Joe

Sorry for not posting up sooner. I havent had a ton of runs on this converter but I ran the car about 10 times and noticed much better Launching, its easily cut .10 off my 60ft times and helped with my trap speeds.

I consider this FTI, the missing piece of the puzzle when it comes to my drag race game

I give it two:smileup::smileup: up

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good deal Dan. I'm glad it's working out well for you.

I just got some new drag radials and hope to hit the track soon. I'm hoping to better that 1.37 60' time. I'll keep you posted when I go. Looks like it will be next Friday. This Friday look like rain.

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Good deal Dan. I'm glad it's working out well for you.

I just got some new drag radials and hope to hit the track soon. I'm hoping to better that 1.37 60' time. I'll keep you posted when I go. Looks like it will be next Friday. This Friday look like rain.

Cool Deal, Send me a PM before you go! Meanwhile I still need to find out if my motor is blown:i_rolleyes:

That's OK buddy. Thanks for the update. When I'm ready for the verter It'll be a FTI.

Joe
Its by far the best I have had

I have had a 2800ProTorque, a 3600 PI, a 4400 Billet Stator, and a Builder Bill Piece of crap Dominator verter, and the FTI seems to respond so much better and is very dialed into my setup.

Its a wise investment:smileup:

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Glad the converter is working for you Dan! Sorry to hear about the other deal though.....
yeah, I have to give you and FTI credit..... the car responded to me the way I have wanted it too.... I expect to see much more consistent launches with it....

As far as the motor, oh well, it wasnt designed for a 300 shot so I wont complain.... Scott offered to diagnos the car and tear down for free, Im headed down there tomorrow to see specifically what went wrong.

I will tell you one thing though, if its the shortblock, I have plans for something bigger and cooler.... I can say no one has built a new gen hemi with what I got planned

·
Registered
21,816 Posts
How much benefit (if any) would there be in putting an FTI converter in a basically stock RT. I have the standard Cat back, CAI, 85 mm throttle body and Diablo tune stuff done and at some point plan on Super Charging or some such nonsense but for the moment mostly stock.

In other words what might this be worth in the quarter for me, or would it only be benificial once I've more seriously modded my RT.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
How much benefit (if any) would there be in putting an FTI converter in a basically stock RT. I have the standard Cat back, CAI, 85 mm throttle body and Diablo tune stuff done and at some point plan on Super Charging or some such nonsense but for the moment mostly stock.

In other words what might this be worth in the quarter for me, or would it only be benificial once I've more seriously modded my RT.
Ronp is running a converter and hes running 12s.I bet you would be real close to the 12s with one??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ronp is running a converter and hes running 12s.I bet you would be real close to the 12s with one??

I was going to use RonP as an example, too. He is basically stock and went from a 1.94 60' down to 1.71 with poor traction. That will take about 3-4 tenths off your ET. So far, he's only been able to run the 1/8 mile. However, his 1/8 mile times translate into a 12.69 pass.

If you do decide to mod it more in the future, we can always restall it for you. There's no charge within the first year. Just pay shipping costs.

·
Registered
21,816 Posts
Well then that would be a pretty decent gain in the quarter for a basically stock vehicle. Something to think about for a possible winter upgrade project that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
RonP put same 3200 in mine as he has,, he has the experience of many years with his 73 duster and have learned alot from him. So keep that in mind that I am a novice in comparison but I never saw less then 2 sec 60' time before the install and for repeatable 1/8 mi half a secound and two seperate weeks at Rockingham 1/4 also a half secound reduction,, used to repeat 13.75 103,, now 13.08 106. something. And that was with my RT auto one wheeled wonder. Ron is always a half secound better then I am even though we have same Dyno numbers. So he is always a bit more critical then I am,, but I love mine,, honestly,, the most cost effective and only mod I have done that dramatically improves the performance. In short,, I love it,, shows how much I now need better traction then learn how to do burnouts effectively with two tires turning instead of one. Everyday driving is virtually the same especially if you use select stick. Breaking on hills when at a stop, and forgeting myself and they are easily lit up now. Thankz guys,, good product in my opinion. Have a great day,, Jed

·
Registered
108 Posts
RonP put same 3200 in mine as he has,, he has the experience of many years with his 73 duster and have learned alot from him. So keep that in mind that I am a novice in comparison but I never saw less then 2 sec 60' time before the install and for repeatable 1/8 mi half a secound and two seperate weeks at Rockingham 1/4 also a half secound reduction,, used to repeat 13.75 103,, now 13.08 106. something. And that was with my RT auto one wheeled wonder. Ron is always a half secound better then I am even though we have same Dyno numbers. So he is always a bit more critical then I am,, but I love mine,, honestly,, the most cost effective and only mod I have done that dramatically improves the performance. In short,, I love it,, shows how much I now need better traction then learn how to do burnouts effectively with two tires turning instead of one. Everyday driving is virtually the same especially if you use select stick. Breaking on hills when at a stop, and forgeting myself and they are easily lit up now. Thankz guys,, good product in my opinion. Have a great day,, Jed
I'm really glad it is working out well for you Jed. That is quite an improvement in your ETs. The converter is one of those parts that most people overlook.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts