Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Fun on the street

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  cdahl383 
#1 ·
Was out earlier today cruising in the Challenger with my wife and kids, going grocery shopping, stopped at Harbor Freight for some tools, just riding around, etc. Noticed a cool looking old Dodge going down the road and got beside him, looked like a big 1970 Dodge Polara, blue with a white convertible top. The kid driving it looked like he was 19 or 20 years old at the most. We checked each other's cars out as we cruised down the road and kept on going.

Later on down the road, we both ended up stopped at the traffic light side by side. Deep down inside of me, my inner 19 yr old wanted to see if this guy would race just for fun, but my 32 yr old mind said no that's not right. So I took off normal from the light and he took off a little faster. So I hit the gas a little to catch up, then he hit the gas. Well then my 19 yr old self took over and I nailed it haha! Wound out 1st, got rubber into 2nd, and then short shifted into 3rd gear and let up around 45-50mph (this was on a 45mph road). I pulled on him pretty hard once I got on it for real and he let up.

So he gets up beside me and he's laughing and gives me a big thumbs up. I was laughing too and gave him a thumbs up and so did my wife. My kids were in the back seat cracking up and laughing too.

I wouldn't really call it a kill, it would have been sad if my new 375-400hp Challenger couldn't take out an old full size Dodge with a stock V8, but it was fun nonetheless. The best part was the kid was cool. I think he just wanted me to get on it a little bit honestly haha!

Anyway, it made our trip to the grocery store that much more fun! :smileup:

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice Story, Carl! I think both of you enjoyed it!

#6 ·
Haha yeah it was fun! The kid reminded me of myself at 19 or 20 years old. Just a young kid riding around aimlessly in his car, listening to cool music, no real serious obligations or worries, etc. It was cool getting on it a little bit like that.

#7 ·
Thank you for the post. One thing having a Challenger does for me is help me feel like a college student again...

#10 ·
Yep, we didn't get going all that fast, but it was still fun. No way I was going to go all crazy with my family in the car, but it was fun just messing around a little from the light. My two little girls loved it and were laughing as I shifted and got rubber haha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.