Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got home and was bringing piping in the house when my daughter asked what it was for. I told her I'd show her. I grabbed the camera and figured I'd get some shots of the interior when they both wanted to get to "drive" daddy's car so I got some shots of that too.

Take it easy
Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Haha that's cool man! Cute kids! My 3 year old loves riding in my car too! Good to start them early!

Looks like you have the Hurst shifter with the T-handle. How do you like that over the stock shifter? I did the Mopar shifter which is just a handle swap, but always wondered how the Hurst shifter would feel.

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Nice pictures, yep I'd say they are going to be hooked on muscle cars.

·
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks they loved it. Once my son can be forward facing we'll get seats for the car for now they've not gotten to go for a ride in it yet. Family trips have been in the Durango or my wifes Jeep.

The shifter is actually a core shifter kit with the T handle added in place of the white ball Hurst. It's a shorter throw than stock and I've driven with a T handle for years so it just feels more natural. I also like that it looks nicer than the stock shifter. I might switch to a Barton or Hurst shifter at some point but I've got a list of other mods I'd like to get done first.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
That's cool man. You can fit a rear facing seat in the back if you use the middle. We had a rear facing in the middle and forward facing behind the passenger seat and it worked just fine. Not the best for your back, but it'll work. We went on a family trip from Detroit to Gatlinburg with both kids like that and all their crap in the trunk, it was great!

Fitting two forward facing seats in the back is much easier. We have one behind each seat now with the middle open again. I make sure to take their shoes off once they're strapped into their seats so the seat backs don't get all dirty and scuffed up. They love it back there and it's great combining family time with cool car time!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,428 Posts
Very cute kids, they look very happy in the challenger!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Here's a pic of them both in back on our trip last year, one rear facing and one forward facing...

Here's a pic of them from a couple weekends ago on our trip to the zoo, now both forward facing...

There's another guy on here that has three kids and three car seats in the back of his Challenger, all forward facing though. That's pretty sweet!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I like the T handle look. I may try a Hurst shifter out in the future as well. I'm sure your kids will grow up to love cars just as much as you do, you're starting them out early, that's great!

·
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's a pic of them both in back on our trip last year, one rear facing and one forward facing...

Here's a pic of them from a couple weekends ago on our trip to the zoo, now both forward facing...

There's another guy on here that has three kids and three car seats in the back of his Challenger, all forward facing though. That's pretty sweet!
Very cute looks like car rides have the same effect of getting them to nod off. Happens with us all the time as well once the car starts moving within about 5 mins they're napping. I'm taking the car to Carlise this summer and I'm hoping next year we can all go together.

Thanks Betty they were very excited to get turns behind the wheel.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Haha yep, if our youngest won't take a nap in the afternoon on weekends when I'm home, we'll just hop in the car and go for a ride, she'll be out in no time!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Raising them right!!!! So cute!!:smileup:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
You must be a very proud dad! On the fast track to becoming Daddy's girls. :smileup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts