Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Gia, I'm from Tbilisi, Georgia. No, this is not the state in the US.
There is such a small country on the outskirts of Europe, one of the republics of the former USSR
4 months ago, I bought at the copart auction a car of my dreams, Challenger SXT 2016.

It cost me the annual salary .. Yes, the salary we are not as high as in Atlanta, Georgia :)
The car was damaged by water with TX - SALVAGE TITLE-FLOOD DAMAGE, but run & drive.
Transportation from Houston to the Black Sea took 4 months, of which 2 months the car stood in the port of Houston.
Water line got almost to the door. Tell me please, what am I afraid of? What could the water do?

PS. Sorry for my english, translated by Google :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from AZ. I would pull up the carpet and replace that, any electronics that were that low may have issues.
I hope that only the seats will not work. I hope the engine, gearbox and rear axle are not affected.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,038 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,847 Posts
Welcome from the Conch Republic! (Florida Keys)

From experience with Hurricane Wilma in 2005 - With the water line at that level, I would suspect that all the wiring harnesses that control the seats would need to be replaced. You also most likely had water in the exhaust- expect corrosion on the inside of the exhaust system. I would pull up the carpet and replace it - it probably has a mold issue. Get the car on a lift and check for corrosion underneath and rise everything with fresh water 3 or 4 times. Check everything within 6 inches of that water line and replace any wiring that looks like it may have been compromised. Risk of damaged wires starting a fire is real.

In some states, when seawater reaches the passenger compartment insurance companies are required to declare the vehicle a total loss, even though they may be salvageable. My husband still drives a 1999 Chevy Tahoe that was flooded in Wilma. A good cleaning, replace damaged parts and you have a beautiful ride.

Good luck and enjoy the forum!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SW South Dakota! KeysB5Blue gave you an excellent post!!!!

Reactions: depeche

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,846 Posts
Welcome aboard from New York. You should keep an eye out for corrosion, body, exhaust, lower suspension and electrical. I would definitely pull out the seats, console and carpet. Make sure there is no evidence of active oxidation on the body panels and electrical connections. If so, clean them up right away and apply some sort of rust proofing barrier. Install a new carpet if it has a musty odor and is not cost prohibitive. Enjoy your new ride. Beautiful color. You will love it, these are great cars. And I'm sure there aren't many of them in Georgia. Enjoy your time visiting us in the USA on the ForumZ.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Welcome from NoCo. You will be glad you joined.

·
They see me rollin...
1,276 Posts
Welcome from Phoenix, Arizona!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hello and welcome to the brotherhood of muscle, go Bucks. Looks like the water didn't reach any of the major electronic components. Though you may want to take steps to treat and protect the quarter panels. There is a section here dealing with rust. Guess you have a really unique car in Georgia.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts