1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Wonder how much she wants for it?

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
How about a 2008 Hemi Orange full option 30 miles never been plated ? Yes I know of one .
Pics or its a lie! Haha JK JK

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I was at a car show last Saturday. A guy starts talking to me and he has a Billet Silver 2008 SRT with 10 miles on it. He ordered it, picked it up with his trailer, and has it in storage. I asked if he wants to sell it and his asking price now is $70,000. He really wants to hold on to it for a few more years and sell it. His daily driver is a 2010 Plum Crazy R/T.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
I'm not sure these low miles first year build Challengers are worth the big bucks. From my perspective things got better on the cars in subsequent years, for example those 2008 cars had the 215 mm open rear as opposed to the 226 mm LSD found in 2009 and newer SRT's. Just because something is a low mile first year of production doesn't necessarily make it worth a mint. But all it takes is a few folks with money collecting them and who knows maybe they will get it.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
My best friend here in town is a great example. He just turned 69 this past Jan. He owns 16 Classic cars. 8 Corvettes, 8 Pontiacs. One of which he is the original owner and the ONLY person ever to have driven the car to date, a 68 GTO with 23k miles. It was recently featured in High Performance Pontiac magazine. Bottom line, all of his cars are rare, all collectable and all valuable. Some of them he drives almost daily, others never. HOWEVER, for the time, money, energy and effort it's taken him (a lifetime) to care for and maintain and protect these cars (he choose not to have kids so he could "afford his toys"), none of them are worth enough money for what I have witnessed first hand. The man gave up having a family so he can have four garages full of toys. Well, he may have a bunch of toys and a lot of money, but to be brutally honest, he is a broken man whom I've seen over the past eight years become a drunk, a gambler and go from a great man and a wonderful friend to someone who is lost.

If that's what having money and pristine cars and toys is all about, I'll be happy with the one we have and helping our kids and family when and where we can with what little money we may have. We have already decided to just go with the one car we have now and skip buying and or building a second "toy" all together based on watching some of these people getting pulled into this hobby and spending a lot of money etc. I can see how it happens and we have decided not to let it happen to us. We feel fortunate to have the one car that we do and that is enough for us.

I can't imagine choosing toys/cars over having our family but I suppose everyone makes their own choices in life and to some folks those things are more important in life. Owning and having a muscle car has certainly been one of the greatest pleasures of my life but it is not above my family by no means, not even close!

Well, enough of my rant/story. It's just something that I have been pondering for some time now and when I hear about people with cars like this in storage and sitting on them it makes me thing of my friend and how his life has turned out etc. and how he always thinks his cars are all going to be worth so much money etc. But I can't help but wonder, to whom, for what and why? What is the point. For my friend, he has NO FAMILY, he is the end of the line.... I don't get it. Sad, very sad.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
LOL yeah I know , thats pretty much the case anymore , Just call Dodgetown Rapid City SD , its theirs :) hmm wonder what else the Old man stashed away :4-dontknow:
This is the truth!!!! I bought my car there, and it is sitting in the showroom. It is a 2008 SRT and brand new! The owner of Dodgetown had the car at his home, and for some reason needed to move it. So it went in the showroom at his dealership. Was there last week when I had my tires rotated.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
Since kilo said it was a hemi orange, it is possible that he has two!! The one in the showroom is black. I know that it is the owner's car because the salesman that sold my car to me told me this story. I will ask about it the next time I am at the dealership.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was at a car show last Saturday. A guy starts talking to me and he has a Billet Silver 2008 SRT with 10 miles on it. He ordered it, picked it up with his trailer, and has it in storage. I asked if he wants to sell it and his asking price now is $70,000. He really wants to hold on to it for a few more years and sell it. His daily driver is a 2010 Plum Crazy R/T.
There are two 2008's on carsonline.com right now and both have been there a while. Both have less than 800 miles. Both listed for under $40,000. There is one for sale I know of but could not find it right now with 75 miles and he wanted $42,000 and it stayed there a while. I will also tell you I have a 2008 Brilliant Black I bought with less than 6000 miles and it was way way less than half the $70,000 he wants. So him thinking he will ever get $70,000 for it? He better be young with plans to wait a few years.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm not sure these low miles first year build Challengers are worth the big bucks. From my perspective things got better on the cars in subsequent years, for example those 2008 cars had the 215 mm open rear as opposed to the 226 mm LSD found in 2009 and newer SRT's. Just because something is a low mile first year of production doesn't necessarily make it worth a mint. But all it takes is a few folks with money collecting them and who knows maybe they will get it.
Rather the 2009? So maybe this one for you?
http://www.cars-on-line.com/67750.html

·
Registered
291 Posts
I saw an orange SRT8 on one of the car selling sites, but I don't remember which one. I think it was a 2009 and had less than 30 miles on it. I think the asking price was $30K IIRC. Would like to have it, but at that price, the car isn't much of an investment IMHO.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's worth $32k according to NADA book

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
There are two 2008's on carsonline.com right now and both have been there a while. Both have less than 800 miles. Both listed for under $40,000. There is one for sale I know of but could not find it right now with 75 miles and he wanted $42,000 and it stayed there a while. I will also tell you I have a 2008 Brilliant Black I bought with less than 6000 miles and it was way way less than half the $70,000 he wants. So him thinking he will ever get $70,000 for it? He better be young with plans to wait a few years.
In my opinion he has "delusions of grandeur" his wife said they will not take a penny less than $70, 000….He will have a long wait to get that kind of money, if ever at all.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
There are "ZERO" mileage 08, 09, 10 SRT8 silver, B5Blue and Hemi Orange. All three have "EVERY available option" none have been titled/registered. A local dealership owner owns them all in his personal collection, however, 65k each will buy anyone of them!

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Since kilo said it was a hemi orange, it is possible that he has two!! The one in the showroom is black. I know that it is the owner's car because the salesman that sold my car to me told me this story. I will ask about it the next time I am at the dealership.
It could be at one time they had both maybe they sold the Hemi Orange one only been since 2009 was the last time I was actually home and thats when Deadwood got 48" inches of snow right before Christmas.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,421 Posts
Yeh, that was some Christmas! Remember that blizzard well. We got stranded out in the country all night on Christmas night in our truck. Ugly deal!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts