Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Registration for Autocross is open. It will take place during the car/truck show (June 7th). This event is FREE for supporting members. That means, you can participate in this event for free if you have a supporting member badge on one of the forumZ, DSM, GPMM, MAMM or jam! It doesn't matter what level.

You must still register! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

This event is sponsored by Billet-Customs.com! (Thanks, Clay!) This is his way of thanking the members who support his forumZ.

If you are not a supporting member, you can still participate. The registration link has an option for you to pay $40 when you register (or you could just become a level 1 supporter on one of the sites for a year for the same price).

If you think you might want to participate, please become a supporter or pay for autocross before you get to Gatlinburg if at all possible.

This event is a lot of fun.

Some important information about the Autocross:
  • This will NOT be an SCCA event.
  • Safety is NUMBER 1!
  • There will be waivers signed (Insurance requirement).
  • If anyone gets stupid, they're done. No do-overs!
  • Drivers and riders must have Snell rated helmets. They can not be motorcycle rated and must have a 2000 or newer rating.
  • Seatbelts are required for drivers and riders. Factory equipment is fine.
  • This event will be run similar to most autocross events.
  • Everyone participating will have to help run the event. While one group runs another group will work the cones....on and on.
  • Members with experience are more than welcome to help out with track set-up, etc. Ride along instruction always helps, especially with newbies.
  • We will need help in tech early in the morning.
  • Tech items - brief inspection - battery secure, no floor mats or anything else loose in the interior, good brake pedal, seatbelts, helmets.........
Other Info

• Do not do any burnouts in the stadium parking lot!
  • Those participating in autocross need to help with cones when they aren't running the course.
  • We must clean up after ourselves. We can not leave trash in the parking lot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
registered ! I will bring a few spare helmets again.
Like most of us on these forums... I have a big head! lol. Seriously... any chance one of these spares would fit someone who wears a 7 and 5/8? (They had to special order my kevlar helmet in the Army. Until I got it, I wore a bright yellow hard hat in the field and everyone called me Bob the Builder.:hah:)

I really don't have any other use for a helmet, so not going to put out that kind of money for a 1 time thing.

I just went ahead and became a supporter anyway, so I registered for autocross and will just have to see if anyone has a helmet I can wear or not. (Shoot... if it doesn't fit, maybe I can talk the wife into driving my car for me! Yeah right!!!)

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like most of us on these forums... I have a big head! lol. Seriously... any chance one of these spares would fit someone who wears a 7 and 5/8? (They had to special order my kevlar helmet in the Army. Until I got it, I wore a bright yellow hard hat in the field and everyone called me Bob the Builder.:hah:)

I really don't have any other use for a helmet, so not going to put out that kind of money for a 1 time thing.
That's hilarious!

·
New member my ass!
710 Posts
Is that why you bought a yellow car? Bob:gy:

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts

I just went ahead and became a supporter anyway, so I registered for autocross and will just have to see if anyone has a helmet I can wear or not. (Shoot... if it doesn't fit, maybe I can talk the wife into driving my car for me! Yeah right!!!)
Sorry I checked and the largest helmet we have is 7 3/8, could you shave you head to fit in it :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry I checked and the largest helmet we have is 7 3/8, could you shave you head to fit in it :4-dontknow:
Head's already shaved actually, lol. But I'm sure that'll fit actually. Just a little snug if anything. 7 3/8 is pretty big. Surprised you have one that big. Thanks!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've got my GO PRO all charged up and ready for the races! I can't wait to get some great videos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts