Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard some talk of these tires. I'm looking to replace my stock goodyear f1,s and want something that can hold up to the Ohio weather. Does anybody have experience with the generals?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I'm planning on buying g a set of these soon as I have friends that work for general tire and get these at cost. Let me know what you think as most general tires I have use have been terrific all season tires.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
I was going to go with these but when I was ready for tires they were out of stock so I ended up with Firestones. Let us know how you like them if you get them.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Had them on my Mustang GT....they were great All Season tires. Wore well, good grip in wet conditions. I'd most definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
I have these on mine and they handled the Wyoming winter rather well. They don't have as much grip as your F1's but that is the trade off with a performance summer tire and and all season tire. I have no complaints.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback...I'll definitely post how they perform. Currently I have the stock 245-45-20's front and 255-45-20's rear. I bought a wheel and 245-45-20 for a spare. What I've read says that as long as you are below 3% size difference, you don't need to worry about diff damage...my concern is using the 245 as a spare on the rear. Any opinions? When I get the new tires, I'm tempted to go 255 all around.

·
Premium Member
18,450 Posts
255's all around will probably extend the tire life by allowing you to rotate them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a set of these for my wife's charger,i liked them so much I replaced the firestone tires on my challenger with these.great traction,excellent in the corners and some of the best I have had for standing water.I only have about 15 k on them but still look new.usually I prefer Michelin but these in my experience are excellent tires.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
My good friend and neighbor has General G-Max tires on his car (granted it's a Camaro SS) and is pleased with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts