Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a little over a year ago I traded off my 12 SXT for a 13 V6 Premium Mustang. It had nothing to do with the car itself, but rather horrible experiences with the dealer that sold me the car. Well the other day I turn the computer on and the first thing I see on Yahoo is the Dodge Challenger Hellcat...Drool....LOL. Well I'm obviously not getting one of those unless they call my numbers for the lotto. But I did start looking at the Challengers again and I think I'm coming back. Mustang is a great car, but it ain't no Challenger. I know I'll lose some money on the deal, but If I'm gonna make payments....might as well be paying for something I really want. Wife said she was good with it as she hates the mustang, LOL.

I started out looking at an R/T, then I stumbled across the 100th Anniversary in High Octane Red. Of course then I found a R/T Classic in PCP :SHOCKED: so now I'm in kind of a dilemma. Problem with both of these cars is neither one is local. I thought about contacting the dealer to see if they could possibly get one of the cars for me from one of the other dealers.

I also considered ordering one this time, but I'll have to check with the dealer to see how that all works.

Anyhow, hopefully before too much longer I'll be back in a Challenger again.

:w00t:

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Good Luck in your quest. Choosing is always difficult! What's important is you have your Wife's go ahead as well and that is always a Good Thing! Lou.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,407 Posts
I vote for you ordering one. That is the only way you will get exactly what you want. The color, engine your desire, options, etc. It is so fun to do that! I had no problems with that at all. When I went to the dealer they didn't have many Challengers to choose from, so I wasn't happy with the choices. The salesman stepped up and said no problem, we can order what you want. He was very careful, listened to what I wanted and did a great job getting it!! It took about six weeks to get the car. Good luck with your choice!!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,461 Posts
Welcome back! Hope you can get the Challenger of your choice!

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,950 Posts
If your dealer can order one at a price you can live with, by all means order one. You will get everything you want, nothing you don't want (I hate paying for stuff I don't want) and your name will be on the window sticker.....Welcome back!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
Wow. This si the complete opposite of the other thread Saying Goodbye

Guess we have perfect symmetry here on the Z :smileup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They had one on the lot last week that had everything I wanted, but they sold it before I made it down there. 100th Anniversary R/T Plus, High Octane Red Pearlcoat, Super Track Pack, Anti-Spin Rear Axle, Remote Start, Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Control, Uconnect 430 (no nav). Pretty much loaded out. Got an email from them saying they could get me the exact same car. Only things I could think of that it didn't have was Sunroof, Nav, and the Harmon Kardon Sound System, none of which I couldn't live without.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would order it,im thinking of trading for the shaker 392 15 model just waiting on the prices,love to have the hellcat,but I think its going to be out of my price range.

·
12,989 Posts
Welcome back!!

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
Welcome back. On ordering a Challenger I've ordered two, the first an R/T I got in record time, about five weeks, the SRT took about six months. Usually an ordered car should take 5-8 weeks and if you aren't in a hurry the nice thing is you get it exactly the way you want it.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
welcome back and good luck with the shopping. Hard time right now to decide I bet with the 100 year out, the shakers, the hell cats....enjoy.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Welcome back. Order what you want. I did. Go to Dodge.com and just build your own. Then print a copy of order page or copy and save in your email like I did. (Don't have a printer) Then when at the dealership have them or you go to your email on their computer and print off your build sheet. Took a couple of minutes once at the dealership. Good Luck with your choosing.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
If you can be a bit patient I would recommend that you order your car from the factory. That way you'll get exactly what you want and there's no reason you can't get a deal as good as buying one off the lot (unless the one on the lot has been sitting for a long time).

·
Registered
356 Posts
Glad to hear your making your way back. Its funny how we have post of goodbye leaving for the competitor then a year or two later their back. I believe it is a power thing at first believing they can live without the room, trunk, quality, and drivability for the extra power. Once they live with their new found power, for a while, they discover like everyone else that comes back. You can only use the power 10% of the time, so all those on ramp WOTs get old and you start to settle into the product. The Challenger is simply a better product overall. Its not perfect but it is the one you rather live with overall.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Fortunately or unfortunately, depends oh how you look at it.....our Challengers are holding their value. A used '12 R/T is almost just as much as a new one with rebates. How far away are the used R/T's that you mentioned? I've driven over 300 miles to get the car I want. If they aren't exactly what you want, then order new. Either way, glad you'll be coming back to the Mopar side!
Keep us posted!

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Here is my advice. Buy a one-way ticket to the destination of the PCP Classic and drive it home. You will have the biggest smile on your face the entire way. Good luck !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts