Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Z family for those of you anticipating this we are at it again. We will be holding our annual Gettysburg cruise on April 12 with a rain date of April 26. We will be meeting up at 0930 at The Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg
1863 Gettysburg Village Drive
Gettysburg, PA 17325.
We will hang out there for a hour or so and then we will begin our cruise to Gettysburg. At the end we get together at the tropical treat for those that would like to attend.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
Figuring on being there.

If we have enough cars where we need to split into 2 groups, I'll volunteer to lead the 2nd. I'm local and know the battlefield fairly well, so no one will get lost between the outlets and the battlefield. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'll be there provided our 2nd grandson arrives on his scheduled due date or before. This is the cruise I have wanted to attend now for the 3rd year and each time before this I always seem to have a conflict. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can make this for the 1st time weather permitting.

I have Hankook Ventus stock size tires that I want to replace with larger. Not many miles on and can find out how many. Any on the club interested? Unfortunately I'm not on facebook.

·
Registered
236 Posts
to any members who live in the gettysburg area or know it well.....

can someone please recommend somewhere nice to stay over night (with a one year old) we want to make a weekend out of it and would appreciate any nice places people can recommend.

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
Sorry, Guys. Not going to be able to make it this year. Too many things going on. Hope to see y'all next year or at the Skyline Drive CruiZe!

Reactions: challengerfan56

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
me, wife and son are a definite, booked the hotel last night.
If you're looking for a pub type place for dinner, the best one in Gettysburg is the Garryowen on Chambersburg St, about a block and a half off the town square. Prior to their opening, the one down on Steinwehr Ave was the preferred pub but they're all about the tourist trade. My son worked at "The Pub" on the square but I've never eaten in there so I can't comment on if the food is good/bad. I know the owners of the Garryowen personally and it was a great day when they opened the place up. The owner is a civil war reenactor who lived in NY. He came out to Gettysburg each year for the big reenactment and fell in love with the area. Packed up the family and moved out here. Not long after he bought a local dive bar and turned it into the Garryowen pub.

(I had written you a <really> long post about hotel options but somehow my fingers selected all the text and deleted it before I could post it. Good to see you figured out a place to stay)

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you're looking for a pub type place for dinner, the best one in Gettysburg is the Garryowen on Chambersburg St, about a block and a half off the town square. Prior to their opening, the one down on Steinwehr Ave was the preferred pub but they're all about the tourist trade. My son worked at "The Pub" on the square but I've never eaten in there so I can't comment on if the food is good/bad. I know the owners of the Garryowen personally and it was a great day when they opened the place up. The owner is a civil war reenactor who lived in NY. He came out to Gettysburg each year for the big reenactment and fell in love with the area. Packed up the family and moved out here. Not long after he bought a local dive bar and turned it into the Garryowen pub.

(I had written you a <really> long post about hotel options but somehow my fingers selected all the text and deleted it before I could post it. Good to see you figured out a place to stay)
thanks Jim, I will check out the Garryowen, always up for a pub :beerchug:

We are going up the friday before so will do some shopping and site seeing and probably take a trip to the pub then.

We just chose a hotel near the meeting place so it would give more time in the morning to be ready. All the really nice places were booked already or had a 2 night minimum. But the place we got looks nice enough.

Can't wait to see some forum members and their challengers :smileup:

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T 5.7L, 6-Speed Manual
361 Posts
Mapped out the route today with Pocono Kid. Link to Google maps below. I'll post other versions shortly.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=The+Outlet+Shoppes+at+Gettysburg,+Gettysburg+Village+Drive,+Gettysburg,+PA&daddr=Biglerville+Road,+Gettysburg,+PA+and+howard+avenue+gettysburg+pa+to:Howard+Avenue,+Gettysburg,+PA+and+Mummasburg+road+gettysburg+pa+to:Mummasburg+Road,+Gettysburg,+PA+and+confederate+avenue+gettysburg+pa+to:39.846282,-77.2423413+to:Doubleday+Avenue,+Gettysburg,+PA+and+wadsworth+avenue,+gettysburg+pa+to:Wadsworth+Avenue,+Gettysburg,+PA+and+reynolds+avenue+N,+gettysburg+pa+to:Reynolds+Avenue+North,+Gettysburg,+PA+and+Lincoln+highway+gettysburg+pa+to:Lincoln+Highway,+Gettysburg,+PA+and+seminary+ridge,+gettysburg+pa+to:39.826721,-77.2448109+to:39.7863813,-77.2429405+to:Sykes+Ave+to:Sickles+Ave+to:39.7957561,-77.244731+to:DeTrobriand+Avenue,+Gettysburg,+PA+and+sickles+avenue+gettysburg+pa+to:39.8080059,-77.2360172+to:pA-97+S%2FBaltimore+Pike+to:U.S.+30+E%2FYork+Rd+to:2279+Carlisle+Pike,+Hanover,+PA&hl=en&ll=39.794161,-77.236633&spn=0.01774,0.042272&sll=39.84624,-77.152863&sspn=0.070906,0.169086&geocode=FXI0XwId8wNm-yHnrvMxVuNIPykZ_rB3Lq3JiTHnrvMxVuNIPw%3BFUL1XwIdzItl-yl_4jIbg6zJiTGiaqn-th4yJg%3BFRXpXwId7HRl-ykBXZXlhqzJiTGRW-98kjKN6g%3BFYsGYAIdDFRl-ylVHk9Yf6zJiTGFdza8b_84sg%3BFYoBYAIdG2Bl-ykZc_9zf6zJiTFJza_x08zUoQ%3BFb7mXwId5Vpl-ynF8In8fKzJiTGQ0n85DILmXw%3BFfjpXwIdeE9l-ymJY_qBe6zJiTEZ8Qio1TTfzQ%3BFZbbXwIdB0Zl-ylTR0_gZKzJiTGDlieDxnR-uw%3BFf7TXwIdfFZl-ylFT_ihY6zJiTHlGm1Pglm0dQ%3BFSG1XwIddlZl-yn9T4EVXqzJiTHou8NvML055A%3BFY0XXwIdxF1l-ykxQ9h3n63JiTHliRZotxZXzA%3BFcE3XwIdxX9l-w%3BFVw4XwId9F9l-w%3BFSw8XwIdxVZl-yn1jdQRpq3JiTGcSKMOl671Hw%3BFfY-XwIdMlpl-yltEsEupq3JiTHZrKJ4WeGdOQ%3BFQVsXwIdz3hl-ynPBW1t_qzJiTEQBCFF-9c22Q%3BFdRJXwIdLQJm-w%3BFToEYAIdjihm-w%3BFY0iYAIdwOZo-ykTfP6afVfIiTFZtNzDXlZAmg&oq=2279+&mra=ls&via=4,9,10,13,15&t=m&z=15

Drove the route by the map with no problem other than some of the roads on the battlefield are not fully marked.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.