Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you keep all the glass clean? I always have streak and missed spots that you don't see until the sun hits the glass. I clean the glass in the shade so the sun doesn't make it hot to streak. Worst:4-dontknow: part of cleaning Thanks Rich

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
How do you keep all the glass clean? I always have streak and missed spots that you don't see until the sun hits the glass. I clean the glass in the shade so the sun doesn't make it hot to streak. Worst:4-dontknow: part of cleaning Thanks Rich
I use Meg's glass cleaner and use 2 glass specific micro fiber towel . I fold
Each towel 2x yielding 8 clean sides . One towel is for applying cleaner and the other is for wiping dry .i spray the Meg's directly on the towel and Never use the same side twice. Always wipe with your drying towel until the surface is bone dry! I also have dedicated micro fiber laundry soap. Don't use regular detergent or softener! Good luck

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
I always use Stoner's Invisible Glass and lint free absorbent dish towels from the kitchen. The towels have to be washed clean with NO fabric softener. The Invisible Glass just does not streak.

Another possibility is hot water with some vinegar added. Don't use ammonia of any kind nor paper towels - always get streaks. Paper towels have crap in them that streaks.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,975 Posts
Invisible glass and microfiber towels made for glass cleaning. Ocedar makes one I picked up in the supermarket and I love it.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,686 Posts
When you clean your glass, use different directions when wiping. Outside of the glass, use a vertical wiping motion. Inside glass, use a horizontal wiping motion (or vice-versa). If you're left with any streaks, you will be able to tell which surface the streak is on.

And I also use Meguiars glass cleaner. Great stuff!

·
Premium Member
18,504 Posts
Perfect glass and newspaper.Usually do each window twice.The inside of the back window is a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I hear ya man, know exactly what you mean and it sucks...I kinda get the feeling what you're asking is more about mechanics rather then product, IMO it's an art more then anything and I haven't mastered it by no means

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I've tried many glass cleaners including Invisible Glass. Although it's okay, there is one brand that I found that works best.... Hope's Glass Cleaner. :smileup:

Spray it on, wipe with a quality paper towel and then wipe it again with a clean, quality microfiber towel. Works awesome! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Get one of these tools to better reach the inside of the front and back windshields. Distilled white vinegar will get the stubborn streaks off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts