Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone who has one be willing to offer up measurements and pics for me?

I just removed my stock spoiler today and preparing to mount the "Go-Wing". However, for the life of me even with internet pics, I can not get a good "feel" for where this thing would mount.

I truly appreciate any help you might be able to offer!

Thanks!
Joe

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I am starting to "see" this much clearer and I am liking it! I think because it's white and it sticks out really bad sitting there, it was just not clicking for me. But now I can see it and it's working for me. Time to clean this wing up and start the process of getting it into it's new matte black finish because right now, the wife isn't "seeing" it at all. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW, THAT, is exactly what I was looking for! So it does go that far forward. Excellent. Thank you very much! It sure helps to see one ON the car and done. My wife is the one who wanted this thing. I mean wing. Once I removed the stock one and set the Go-Wing in place "ew it doen't go that far forward. It has to go at the very back. I don't like it up on the trunk. It doesn't look right on our car. Send it back". Blah blah blah.

Oh, this thing is going on the car trust me! LOL

Not only that, but I have to hear about "when are the headers going on the car" EVERY day for seven months now. I can hear it now, "oh these are too loud, can you take them off and return them". LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dear 2013Hemi,

Show your better 3/4 the pictures I linked to you. She might change her tune. The location I have it mounted is as close to the original 1970-71 e-body I could find. The black brackets I made myself because Dale's Cuda shop does not sell their wing brackets separately. Also point out that while riding in the car she won't even see it. This is not a cheap mod. The 5 holes in the trunk to mount the ducktail spoiler will need to be filled and the trunk re-sprayed. New mounting holes for the wing brackets topside will need to be drilled precisely. Measure, measure, measure before you do anything with a drill! It will grow on her, trust me.

Very Best,

Green Man

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dear 2013Hemi,

Show your better 3/4 the pictures I linked to you. She might change her tune. The location I have it mounted is as close to the original 1970-71 e-body I could find. The black brackets I made myself because Dale's Cuda shop does not sell their wing brackets separately. Also point out that while riding in the car she won't even see it. This is not a cheap mod. The 5 holes in the trunk to mount the ducktail spoiler will need to be filled and the trunk re-sprayed. New mounting holes for the wing brackets topside will need to be drilled precisely. Measure, measure, measure before you do anything with a drill! It will grow on her, trust me.

Very Best,

Green Man
Thanks,

I showed her your pics. She is coming on board. Again, this mod was her idea from the get go not mine. As for the filling of the holes and painting, no problem at all. A very good friend of mine is a lifelong painter. Literally. So this is a non issue for him to handle. Not only that, it will cost me nothing. He is also painting a new front grille insert/surround body color from me as well at the same time to match my whole Shaker car theme.

Thanks again for the detailed pics, this is a huge help!

Joe

·
Registered
313 Posts
2013Hemi Orange, it should be noted, SStride is showing you placement of the "original" 70's Go-Wing, which Dale's Cuda shop sells. It has a different placement than the "Exterior Appearance" package wing, also known as a "GO-Wing", that comes as an option on current Challengers. They are placed further back on the deck lid ; and, are of a different design. I don't know which one you have, but from your prior posts, it sounds like you have the current version, not the 70's version. The current version will look out of place, so far forward on the deck lid. I would check with you Dodge parts guy. He should have a parts manual, showing proper placement of the current model "Go-Wing". JMHO, Tom

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, however, it can only go so far back as the crease that dips down does not allow the wing to sit flat. Therefore it must go in front of that crease.

·
Registered
313 Posts
If yours is the current design, there are specific mounting dimensions that are in the Dodge parts book, as it is a factory designed part. Are you wanting to mount it as the factory intended? If not, then please disregard my comments.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know that what I have is a Mopar part. In fact it's my guess that it is not. It appears to be an aftermarket part, but looks very similar in looks to the one posted above with the exception of the feet as they are not separate, they are part of the wing.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just trying to help you out.
If it looks like this, it's a current stock (MOPAR) Go Wing:

Note how it curves forward as it meets the fender.

Mine is one version, of a Cervini's version of a 70 Go Wing, it has it's own placement.
SStrdie's is a 71 version, that is placed far forward. Cervini's also has a modern version, posted ont their site, that cannot be confused with any other, and covers the stock mounting points of the lip spoiler.

Of course, there are companies that sell their own versions, which you may have, I don't know.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Dodge MOPAR part # 82211606 (Go-Wing Rear Spoiler, Matte Black). I had one and sold it to a member here on the Z. I didn't like the look of it on the new Challenger. But there is the orig part # if you need it.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, the one I have here is more like the original and site much further forward on the trunk as in the 71 version as you mention...

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok now that I have the Mopar part # I can clearly see that the wing I have hear is definitely the 71 style and to be mounter further up the trunk than the modern/current Mopar edition. Now I realize that it is the modern G0-Wing that my wife and son and even I like so I will scratch the one I have here and track down the current version...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts