going to pull the triger soon on 6.1 based Arrignton 426

Discussion in 'Challenger Performance Mods - Engine - 6.1L HEMI' started by dragon, Nov 5, 2017.

1. dragon

dragon New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    09 challenger
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    HEMI Orange
    Probably going to happen in the spring, going for 6.1 based 426.
    my current mods are. Arrington phaze 4 heads / ST3A cam / 87 mm throttle body high flow cats
    Corsa Extreme exhaust / Carbon fiber CAI with Cobra elbow.
    I have not decide on compression ratio, I would like to keep boost option open, but that will not be for a few years, any thoughts on what ratio will serve me for now and boost down the road, and what kind of results can I expect ?
    Thanks

2. ArchGE

ArchGE Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2015 SRT 392
    Color?:
    Black
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Planning on doing my 6.4 into a 426 stroker this winter. All forged and staying N/A. 90mm Arrington throttle body. Torque converter. Around an 11:1 compression and custom grind cam for some old school lope. Ported heads and intake. I do a couple of track days a year so will not be doing a blower. Super Chargers tend not to like extended hot laps on road courses. Will be gapping the rings in case I decide to go nitrous down the road but doubt I'll go there.

70barcuda likes this.
  3. chizzle1

chizzle1 Active Member Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I set the comp ratio on my build to near 11:1, I wanted it to be a monster (500+ to the wheels NA) until I go boosted.
    When I go with forced induction I'll switch to E-85 or go with a different cam (which effects dynamic comp ratio).
    When you go with FI consider adding methanol if you are going to be hot lapping at the 1/4 mile or road course.
    There is also a super-chiller that is being developed, should be perfected shortly. It utilizes the AC system to cool the incoming air charge.

70barcuda likes this.