Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Potentially anyway,

Just talk to my parts guy at my dealership and they called HQ about the availability of the scat packs for 2014 challengers. They were told that they are in the final stages of testing them and the should be available for sale by the end of next month. take it for what it is worth but hopefully this is true.

On a sad note, if you were interested in the front strut tower brace and you have a shaker edition, I just verified that is a no go as there is not enough clearance in the back of the engine bay for the install.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So, here is a good and logical question. Do the Shaker folks get a discount on the stage 1? The Shaker Edition already has the air intake installed from the factory and now the SCAT Pack strut does not work with the Shaker Edition...so, I'm thinking all a stage 1 in a Shaker gets you is the pipes...not even headers...just the pipes?!? So, stage 1 for a factory Shaker Edition should cost about $600 to $700 dollars and two hours to install...right? I mean...Dodge is not going to insist on making the Shaker Edition folks pay twice (once for the Shaker package then a second time for the same equipment out of the SCAT 1 box)?!? Plus the parts like the strut form SCAT package that don't fit the Shaker Edition?

Maybe Dodge is going to have to offer Scat Packs for regular 5.7's and Scat Packs for Shaker Edition 5.7's or at least different stage 1 packs and prices.

This is going to get interesting! It almost makes me giddy with excitement...the anticipation of watching Dodge bungle this one for the next six months to a year or two. The entertainment value will be tremendous. I just can't imagine that they are going to line-item everything out and present a simple synopsis of the Scat Packages (pricing and what you get) and then post it on their official website. I just don't think that will happen. It's going to be info here and info there and info everywhere but nothing officially posted like a "Dodge Official 5.7 Scat Pack" menu.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Should know something really soon since the '15 Shaker 6.4 is supposed to have the Scat pack as an available option when ordered and they are slated to start building the first run during this quarter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One question i have been pondering also is the ecu flash...do i have an option of where i get it installed? as in, will it just effect sport mode or does it apply to my normal drive mode? it seems more benifical to leave the default driving mode as it is and flash the sport mode option if possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts