Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been pricing some used RT's. I want something with low(ish) miles. I found a great deal on a 2013 6 speed with no extra options. It's only got 6000 miles and it's $26,000. They offered me a decent trade on my SXT as well. The problem is that there are a few others others in the area that I like the color of better, with leather seats and a few other things. These cars have more miles (13,000 or so) but they're priced closer to 30k. I feel like the price is a bit high but I could just be hopeful.

How much wiggle room do you think these dealers actually have on a used car? Obviously most of the ones I talked to act like they have none :smiledown:

·
Registered
423 Posts
If your up for the ride there's a nice black rt in mystic, ct. It's listed on auto trader. I almost took the ride but found one in enfield, ct.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yes, that's it. Look at the blue 2012 rt manual less than 3k at artioli dodge. Listed for 28k.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's another thing, if I'm at $28,000 anyway I might as well at least look at new! I got a decent deal on my 2012 SXT that I purchased new..

Thanks! :smileup:

There's a couple of brand new R/T's in your area.....base 6spd.....but they're new 2014's.....Dealerships have a LOT more wiggle room with those. I paid $28,800 for my 2012 R/T....it was brand new and listed for $35,760.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20012&sf1Dir=DESC&aff=national&listType=1

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20012&sf1Dir=DESC&aff=national&listType=1

·
Registered
435 Posts
How much wiggle room do you think these dealers actually have on a used car? Obviously most of the ones I talked to act like they have none :smiledown:[/QUOTE]

I've always figured a used car was priced $3500-4000 over what they paid for it. The margins are huge on used cars. You really have to do your homework. Have you been to KBB or NADA to get prices on theirs and yours? Edmonds also has a lot of good information. Good luck!

·
Registered
548 Posts
How much wiggle room do you think these dealers actually have on a used car? Obviously most of the ones I talked to act like they have none :smiledown:
This from the Carmax 3rd quarter financial report...

Gross profit per used vehicle sold remained steady at $2,149

Keep in mind this is profit before expenses. Wiggle room will depend on what the dealer has in the car and their overhead.

With a Carmax in our area I found that most used car dealers will match their price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.