Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, saturday morning I am going to test drive a 2014 RT and wanted feedback about the current price. Car and options below:

2014 RT Anniversary
Ivory Tri Coat Pearl
STP
Auto
Anti-Spin
Sunroof
430N with Nav

What do you think? I am thinking they can do a little better, MSRP is 40,350. I am in no hurry to buy so I may continue to wait till more 15s get on the lot for a better deal. Are the 2015s worth waiting for?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think that is in the right ballpark. My sticker was 34,075 after tax and tags I was out under $29,000 and I actually accepted the dealers initial offer. I prolly could have fought over $500 or $1000 but I was very satisfied with the dealership and how I was handled

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,519 Posts
You have to remember that the '15's may not have the factory incentives the 2014's now have.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
I think that sounds like a great deal. Don't make the mistake of waiting too long. A lot of other people might have the same car in their sights. IF this is the car you really want, go ahead and pull the trigger!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking forward to the test drive Saturday morning. Has there been any substantial change to the 2015 RT’s? I know that the v6 is getting an 8 speed transmission.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
If it helps, this was my experience:

2013 Challenger R/T Classic. Automatic, 730n UConnect Navi Unit, Sound Group II: (bought in June 2013)

• MSRP: $39270
  • Dealer Discount: $3300 (8.4% off sticker)
  • Factory Rebates: $3000 ($2000 cash back, $1000 bonus for financing through Chrysler)
  • OTD: $32966 (minus tax, license, and registration)
  • Total off sticker: 16%
  • Dealer hold: $1100. 100% conceded in sale
  • Dealer loss: $1203. The dealership had been using my Challenger as a loss leader to attract customers to the lot. At my time of purchase, it had been on the lot for 99 days.
  • Trade-in: None.
  • Extras: None. After losing $1203 on the sale and making nothing from me off the back end (turned down the gap insurance, extended warranty, Karr security system, and paint protection), I felt lucky that they filled the tank LOL
At the time of this sale, I beat the best recorded TrueCar price (circled in red on the image) by just over $1000

So if you're saving $6850 off sticker (16.97%), you're already getting a better deal than mine by nearly another percentage point. I don't know if the dealer will move much off that number, but if you really like the car and you buy it for $33500, nobody will accuse you of overpaying and not getting a great deal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the input. I have actually bought two vehicles from this dealership and honestly dont expect them to move much. The price i gave is their internet price. The last two vehicles I bought were at the advertised internet price. The most I got them to come of the price of my last purchase, a 2013 Ram was 250 dollars. Glad to know that it is a pretty good price.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
do you plan on trading anything in?

in my experience...to get the best deal...you bring cash, ask to talk to the sales manager and just lay it down....I want this car, I'm willing to pay this much in cash and I'm a repeat customer.

worst case scenario is you can't make a deal and you end up looking elsewhere or working something out. Sometimes a little hardball can go a long way, especially when he knows the 15's are on their way.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dont forget the internet price isnt really the price. That includes all applicable incentives and rebates. That would include a military discount, a recent college grad discount, an aarp discount etc. When you read the fine print it will tell you not everyone will qualify for the internet price.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No trade, I plan to bring about a 12k deposit. I know about all the incentives. I am planning to get the internet price whether I qualify or not.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
maybe it's just my experience, but if you are going to finance the rest...I'd suggest doing so through the bank instead of the dealer. Typically you get better deals through the bank these days, in my experience anyway...and having the full amount in cash/cashier's cheque or whatever form when you walk into the dealer is a big plus for you getting a better deal on the car....again...just my experience. Good luck...hope you get what you want and we get to hear all about it and see your new ride soon!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
maybe it's just my experience, but if you are going to finance the rest...I'd suggest doing so through the bank instead of the dealer. Typically you get better deals through the bank these days, in my experience anyway...and having the full amount in cash/cashier's cheque or whatever form when you walk into the dealer is a big plus for you getting a better deal on the car....again...just my experience. Good luck...hope you get what you want and we get to hear all about it and see your new ride soon!
To add to Andy's observation. I secured pre-approved financing through my credit union at a very sweet rate of 1.69%, even before I started looking at Challengers. But I initially financed through Chrysler even though their rate was 2.99% to take advantage the $1000 cash incentive. 4 months later I re-financed my Chrysler loan with my pre-aproved credit union loan which will save me another $1000 over the term of the loan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought a 14 tored rt 6 speed ,track pac 20 in chrome clads and sunroof for 29210 got one dealers internet price and used it there just hope the other dealer does the trade!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I finally got it taken care of I was going to buy a 14 r/t and trade in my 2013 r/t but after a lot of thought I ordered a 15 r/t classic will be in 8 weeks and I am glad I did cant wait though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, went to the dealer today and took the challenger for a test drive. The car was nice, it made me miss my 2014 srt8. I really like the ivory pearl paint. So the test drive went well so we work on numbers. The price they offered me was 33,000 plus taxes and tags, freight and processing is included. I am pretty happy with the price, it is 1000 below invoice then took the rebates off. What do you guys think? I may try to get a little more off.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. I say go for it!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,655 Posts
Well, went to the dealer today and took the challenger for a test drive. The car was nice, it made me miss my 2014 srt8. I really like the ivory pearl paint. So the test drive went well so we work on numbers. The price they offered me was 33,000 plus taxes and tags, freight and processing is included. I am pretty happy with the price, it is 1000 below invoice then took the rebates off. What do you guys think? I may try to get a little more off.
Does not sound bad to me, prices may be better when the 2015s hit the lots but the selection will be less.If it has what you want go for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts