Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve been on this forum since 2010 and started one of the top 3 posts: Your Best Gawker Story. I’m on my 4th Challenger, I’m the 2nd owner, and it is my favorite of all of them. Where is this leading? I’m driving to a dealership to sell my car today.
No family emergency and I’m not trading it in to buy something else. It was never my daily driver, either. My bestie “Boone” the dog wants to go everywhere with me and I put him in the SUV but never in this car! So, it sits in the garage a lot.
Since dealerships are so hard up for cars, new and used, they “made me an offer I couldn’t refuse”“ about $7,000 over what I bought it for! So - I’ve owned it for 2 years, put 10k miles on it an can still come out ahead?
Yup, I know that the flip side is: What could I buy with what they are offering? I’ll probably wait awhile, if I even get a replacement. I’ve got one other muscle car so the ”need for speed” can be satisfied if needed.
In the past, whenever I’ve sold a Challenger I always regret it and end up buying another. Time will tell!
BTW- this is the best Challenger forum and has the best members! Kudos to all of you in the Challenger ForumZ family!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
3,134 Posts
It's kinda sad to read your and Phil's post and seen a few others for different reason's getting rid of their Beauty's. A lot of work and pride makes these things more special with the personalized mods and tweaks but they also tell you about the people who own them. Sharing the Images, Stories most of all helping others with the tips and recommendations. I find that is what set's this forum apart from others. So hopefully there will be another Challenger / Project in the future but most important thing is being able to fill in what is even more important. Stick around with the friends you made.

Peace Prayers, and Blessings.
Bill

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger GT AWD, Granite Crystal, Black Top, Convenience Group, car nickname: "Christine"
436 Posts
I feel sad watching such news...
Wish you all the best! It is good you still keep another muscle car, and maybe some new one later...Take care.
Allow me to say, I always feel honored to meet all of you (virtually, though) - you all are amazing and inspiring community. Maybe I cannot take part in tuning & mods but there is strong connection about the joy of ride, travelling, photos etc. too.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Sorry to see you going... 😔

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,030 Posts
Hate to see long time members like Maxedwell and Phil sell their vehicles and leave, but real life happens every day and sometimes the equation doesn't include our favorite vehicles. I plan to buy my first house next year and with rising interest rates I may have to soon join the gig economy to pad my house-buying fund. I see my Hellcat as an asset to make it happen if funds fall short (although the irony of insisting on a house with a garage for the cat would not lost on me, LOL). Hopefully it wouldn't come to that and the Hellcat would have her own 2 car garage to call home. But beyond that, the cat would remain a convertible asset if times get tough, essentially becoming my emergency fund.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
988 Posts
Seasons change. Thank you for all you have contributed to this forum. You will certainly be missed.

I get it ... Sometimes the offer really is just too good to pass up. I've pondered doing the same thing a few times as my '15 SRT 392 also mostly sits in the garage. ..... Then I drove my Challenger to Meet in the Mountains about 10 days ago and remembered what a great car it is and how much fun it is to drive. We extended our time in the mountains for an additional week and mostly spent it cruising The Blue Ridge Parkway ... and having car-related conversations every time we stopped. The car's paid for so - at least for now - I'll hang on to it and just enjoy it when I want to.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,124 Posts
Maxedwell, very sorry to hear this but life goes on and things change. I have always enjoyed your posts and will miss them very much. You are a wonderful asset to this Forum and I sincerely hope things work out well for you. Please drop back in as often as you can.
All the best for you and your family,
Rick

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
303 Posts
It's awful tempting to sell a Challenger when you can get nearly $10,000 more than you paid for it. I've been kinda wanting a C6 Z06 lately. I found a near mint condition 33k mile 2007 model in Atomic Orange close by. I could probably sell my car, buy the Z06, and put some cash in my pocket. The only hang up is my 10 and 12 year olds would probably fight to ride in it and we couldn't all go anywhere together.

Anyway, you'll probably miss your car. It is a nice looking car. F8 is a cool color and it looks good lowered.

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
2,794 Posts
keep the faith brother , and have fun with the dog .

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
As was said, stick around! Your input is greatly appreciated! Things change and you just might be back in the saddle with a new Challenger at some time down the road!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,078 Posts
Best of luck to you and hopefully you decide to get another one! Will miss you on this forum. Please don't be a stranger, stop in and post in the nice variety of threads on the forum!

·
Registered
316 Posts
To be honest, spend more time with your dog is the only correct answer. The other muscle car must be pretty special for you to pick it over your T/A...I had a CJ 7 Golden Eagle most of my adult life and when I was done with it, I was done with Jeeps but I honestly think there will be a place for a Challenger in my life until I no longer can drive. Crazy but I could also recoup most of the money I've paid out by selling this car right now and have essentially had it for free for 7 years but then I would likely just upgrade for another one...anyway good luck in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You're making the best decision for yourself. Well, yourself and Boone ;)

I'll bite. What is your other muscle car?
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

A ‘95 Pontiac Firehawk. (That is my son driving it in the top photo) Rare car. I’ve owned it for 70k miles and 17 years. 6 speed convertible. A few perfromance mods so it puts out about 400 hp but with the 4:11 rear end and lighter weight it feels faster. But - it is in much need of TLC. Just spent $6k on engine refresh. Paint and interior are next.
Dog Sky White Vision care Tree

It is not a better car than the Challenger, just has more sentimental value to me. AND - Boone can ride in it! I put the back seats down, throw in a towel, and he’s ready for a ride!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts