Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these are Summer tires and not supposed to go below 40 degrees but does anyone use these year round where it gets cold/a bit of snow?

I just found out my incoming RT I just purchased has the "Super Track Pack" option... which is great! Except that I still have a month of Winter ahead of me to drive this thing..

If I'm careful and don't drive aggressive in the cold/snow will I be ok until next Winter? It's been cold lately 15-20ish..:smiledown:

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
F1s are horrible tires in general. They are dangerous in cold temps. You need to get different tires before winter next year for sure. No doubt.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan to next year for sure, my worry is for the last month of this Winter!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will need new tires right away. I hated the f1s on my stp rt. Couldn't wait until they were used up so I could get some new ones. I found a take off set of the rsa for cheap so that's the way I went. My challenger is a 90% of the time daily and I like the rsa more even in the summer, especially in the rain. But I repeat the f1s are dangerous in cold temps and snow, Don't use them.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Suggest you contact both your dealer and a Goodyear dealer about a tire change over to an all weather tire.
I have had good success in the past upgrading or changing tires when the tires are new, as yours "should" be.

I say "should" be, in 87, my new Buick GN was being prepped, the wash guy took it to lunch with out permission.
When he returned it was with 1000 miles worth of rubber missing and engine bearing damage.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Burn them up while there on the car. There a good tire when they get hot. So burn them up before you take them off. I know it's still winter so don't be afraid to burn them up.add a lot of weight in the truck and have fun

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Don't even THINK about driving in snow with the F1s. Everybody badmouths the F1s but they are fine for what they are designed to be - SUMMER tires only.

I take my F1s out below 40F but I have driven muscle cars for 40 years - before ABS, traction control, etc. I would never put them on the road when there could possibly be snow or ice.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I have not driven my f1s in the snow but the handful of days I got to drive my challenger this winter (when it wasn't snowing) in the cold the f1s were ok under normal driving. When I would try to hot rod a little, I could feel them spin more easily. If you have the option just don't drive your new car in the snow this year.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
I would agree with everyone they are not good in the cold/snow/ice, terrible actually, they are really good in warm dry conditions. I have 4 sitting in my garage that have about 500 miles on them and will sell them once it gets warmer, cant really sell them right now when there is a foot of snow on the ground and it is -16. Their tread ware is only 220 which translates to at most 10,000 miles at most.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts