Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was on lunch break today and on m way back to work, I stop to turn into my job with my turn signal on and seat belt on (never drive with out it!) All the sudden I hear tires squealing and I look in my mirror and see a dodge Dakota about to hit me. I was setting in 2nd (the gear I usually turn into my job in) and dumped the clutch and floored it but I was too late. All I remember is my head slamming into the head rest after a loud pop. I signaled him to pull into the dealership I work at and he did. I got out looked and his license plate bolt is logged into my bumper and it just looked like I needed a new bumper. I call the police for a report and in the mean time my dealerships body shop manager comes out to look and he immediately sees a bubble in both quarter panels... they are bubbled out right above the wheel arch.. I ended up going to the E.R. and getting x-rays. Nothing broke or fractured thank God, but soft tissues are torn. I hope I don't have frame damage.. so now I have to began the insurance battle. Thankfully I had many witnesses. Ill keep this thread updated on what happens with the car, I have only had it a month and a half and love the car so I hope its not too bad but I fear it is :(

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,579 Posts
Well I was on lunch break today and on m way back to work, I stop to turn into my job with my turn signal on and seat belt on (never drive with out it!) All the sudden I hear tires squealing and I look in my mirror and see a dodge Dakota about to hit me. I was setting in 2nd (the gear I usually turn into my job in) and dumped the clutch and floored it but I was too late. All I remember is my head slamming into the head rest after a loud pop. I signaled him to pull into the dealership I work at and he did. I got out looked and his license plate bolt is logged into my bumper and it just looked like I needed a new bumper. I call the police for a report and in the mean time my dealerships body shop manager comes out to look and he immediately sees a bubble in both quarter panels... they are bubbled out right above the wheel arch.. I ended up going to the E.R. and getting x-rays. Nothing broke or fractured thank God, but soft tissues are torn. I hope I don't have frame damage.. so now I have to began the insurance battle. Thankfully I had many witnesses. Ill keep this thread updated on what happens with the car, I have only had it a month and a half and love the car so I hope its not too bad but I fear it is :(
Well sounds like you will be okay, hope your car will be also.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,473 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, but glad you're basically ok. Do keep us informed.

BTW, I moved this thread out of the R/T Performace section and into General Discussion.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,409 Posts
Gee, that is really terrible. Pretty unlucky to get rear-ended, only having the car a little over a month. I hope for the best for you.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
People are harder to repair than their cars, so I'm glad to read that you came out of it OK. Best of luck to you with your Challenger. I hope the damage is not serious.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Glad you weren't hurt hopefully you're able to get it fixed without too many headaches.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
144 Posts
definitely glad you were not hurt,
challenger is going to need some work, good shop will make her good as new

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
As stated, as long as your OK that's the main thing. The car can be repaired. And honestly, after reading your initial post I thought oh boy, but after seeing the pics I don't think the damage is that bad (no frame damage) and you should be good to go with some cosmetic work from a reputable body shop. Good Luck !

·
RELIVN
301 Posts
The car can be fixed. Glad you are ok and hope nothing serious results form it.

Don't understand how some people pay so little attention to their driving.

Get better, man.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Wonder how bad it would have been if you didn't dump the clutch and move! That sux big time....The picture you posted definitely shows the damage. So very sorry for you and your Challenger. Keep us posted on the repairs.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Its hard to see but there is a bulge right above the wheel arch.
Well that suuuucks! :doh:

But like everybody said, thank gosh you are ok. The car can be fixed!

Watch out for wack-o drivers! :str:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Glad to hear your ok and hopefully your car can be fixed,If not then look for a new one..Hope the other guy didnt get hurt also..Just makes for a crappy day for all involved...I think some reps should cheer you up..

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I hope you heal quickly from this. It also sucks that your car was damaged when it is still very new. Obtaining the police report was key, as this should make it much easier to ensure that the other guy's insurance pays up and also keeps you from having to pay a deductible to your own insurance company. When this type of accident happened to me some years ago, I contacted the other guy's insurance company and (firmly) requested a loaner vehicle, which they duly provided.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
be prepared for copious amounts of headaches and neck stiffness for the next couple days...probably starting tomorrow, maybe Thursday!

good luck getting your car fixed and be thankful for witnesses and that the guy didn't make a run for it.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
Sure glad you are OK. I'm going to have to disagree with everyone else here about the damage and maybe....hopefully... a veteran body man can post up and tell me that I'm wrong but there is no "frame" on a unibody car. The body is the frame...and from what I see in that picture...some pretty serious movement of the body/frame has occurred. This is more than a paintless dent guy or a can of Bondo can fix.:shakehead:

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
As was said earlier, harder to fix people than cars! Glad you're OK! Keep us up on the fix. Lou.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts