Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a little road trip this morning. Since it was my day off I decided to hit the open road and enjoy the beautiful weather and find some good eats. I plotted a course towards Julian, CA, famous for their fresh baked pies. This is a cool little SoCal town that has more pie per capita than anywhere else in the world (unofficially per me). The road there is a great stretch of uphill twists and turns with just enough straight road to let you open up that HEMI and put a grin on your face.

After an hour or so, I arrived in Julian and frankly, I wasn't ready to stop, so I continued on a bit to Lake Cuyamaca where I made the turn around and headed back for that delicious treat. I stopped at the Julian Pie Company and enjoyed a slice of pecan pie and cup o'joe. I figured I would be in trouble if the wife and kids found out I went without them so I grabbed a fresh Mountain Berry Crumb pie, loaded her up in the trunk all snug and hit the road back to town.

A great few hours of much needed me time before heading back to the trenches tomorrow.

If you are ever in the San Diego area I would HIGHLY recommend heading east and enjoying the mountain vistas and endless twists and turns.

Attachments

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Wish it were closer to me!!! :sad:

3000 mile road trip for pie? Maybe!!!! LOL!!! :smileup:

Thanks for sharing!

:4-wavey:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,418 Posts
Great photo! Thanks for sharing that pie with us!! It is nice to see that beautiful water and blue sky, it is a blizzard here right now!

·
Registered
243 Posts
East to the mountains? There's something just not right about that...

And a pie in my trunk would certainly not survive the trip home :D But I do love me some Pecan pie, hot with a scoop of vanilla.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As soon as i read the title i just knew you were gonna say Julian. i love that place. thats gonna be the first stop on a week long road trip/ honeymoon in the challenger at the end of the month.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Julian? Never heard of it, or it's pies.

Where is this mythical pie town? :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Julian? Never heard of it, or it's pies.

Where is this mythical pie town? :D
It is toward the east on a long and much traveled but winding road.

It's a land full of deliciousness and mystical keeps where bakers combine rare ingredients in their shiny circular trays and then heat them to lava hot temperatures drawing the folk from near and far and obliging them with a slice of sweet decadence upon their arrival (for a small fee, of course!).

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well congratulations!

As soon as i read the title i just knew you were gonna say Julian. i love that place. thats gonna be the first stop on a week long road trip/ honeymoon in the challenger at the end of the month.
Are you in SoCal? Sounds like a good idea for a cruz with some hot cars to me.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
Cool, sound like a great way to take a relaxing trip and now I'm hungry for pie LOL.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Got some pie!

Julian Pie Company Cherry Apple Crisp

Drove to Albertson's at Camino del Sur and the 56. They had put some of the Julian pies on the sale rack.

$2.99! :SHOCKED: Now I have to decide if I'm going to be sharing it with co-workers this morning.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got some pie!

Julian Pie Company Cherry Apple Crisp

Drove to Albertson's at Camino del Sur and the 56. They had put some of the Julian pies on the sale rack.

$2.99! :SHOCKED: Now I have to decide if I'm going to be sharing it with co-workers this morning.
Hahah...we just bought one from the same Albertsons last nite. My kids are eating it right now :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts