Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the courage to go to a local muffler shop and had the suitcase mufflers replaced with 3" pipe. Now TheSrt sounds like it runs and looks. Bad a##. I'll record and add a short video with sound later if any of you are interested.

The only drawback is the drone inside. It's teeth shattering between 1800 and 2200 rpm. I think it's partly due to MDS and some what due to exhaust pipe resonance being amplified by the cavities where the suitcase mufflers no longer reside.

I'm going to attempt to eliminate the drone maybe through sound deadening material or maybe double walled bullet type glass packs just below the original muffler cavaties, though the sure fix is a cat back system.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Sounds good, just get the drone taking care of and you will be golden! :smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Sounds awesome! Just drive in AutoStick Mode and the drone will be pretty much eliminated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just replace the stock mufflers with aftermarket ones.

My Magnaflows and resonator delete doesn't have this problem.

And using the autostick does help controlling the sound.

BTW, that does sound NICE!!!! :Wow1:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds awesome! Just drive in AutoStick Mode and the drone will be pretty much eliminated.
Good point but I like the auto Track mode.

Just replace the stock mufflers with aftermarket ones.

My Magnaflows and resonator delete doesn't have this problem.

And using the autostick does help controlling the sound.

BTW, that does sound NICE!!!! :Wow1:
Thanks for the info on the Magna Flows. The muffler shop tech recommended them too. Had 2 Magna Flow 11376 installed Thursday morning. Drone gone, and it's much tamer than straight pipes.

I'll try to make a short video soon on startup external and interior sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts