Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I thought my R/T was quick !!!
One of my friends who went with us today to the Chicagoland Challenger Cruise, let me drive his Phantom Black tri-coat pearl 392, 6speed, and I just couldn't believe the difference in torque and power, especially in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
I remember when my son and I took my R/T for a test drive at the dealership, he said "Dad, this isn't a car, it's a rocket ship!!" Well I called him up and told him my experience and said if my car's a rocket ship, this 392 is a missile!! :att:: :Wow1:

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I'm trying to stay out of one. I figure I'd want one if I drove it.

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
I upgraded to a SRT from R/T when the 6.4 became available. Not much of a diff between the 6.1 and 5.7 imho. But the 6.4 is a torque monster.

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
I'm currently enjoying my step up to the 392, hopefully Chrysler doesn't price the new 2015 R/T 6.4 versions too high so that more folks can step into one.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Agree with Wayne....the 6.1 is quick, but the 6.4 is "Push You Back In Your Seat" fast! Crazy torque!

·
12,989 Posts
The 392 is definitely a step up with power over the R/T, its a great engine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
:5822291454: shhhhh ! Don't tell anyone.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I am waiting to see if the Hellcat comes into fruition. If it comes in the Sublime Green in a 6-speed that is going to be very tempting to add to the stable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I held on to my 2006 Daytona rather than upgrade to a 6.1 liter Charger SRT-8. When Chrysler introduced the 392 I just had to test drive one. One drive in the 2012 Challenger Yellow Jacket that had just arrived at the Dodge dealer was all I needed. I bought it that day and have enjoyed every mile. My Daytona can't begin to compete with the SRT-8 in acceleration, top end, handling, or braking. The R/Ts are really good cars, but if you can manage the step up you won't be disappointed.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Funny, but I sold my last 392 SRT because it was slow compared to my first SRT with an Arrington 440 engine installed in it. Boy, I miss that car. :sad:

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Oh yes! I test drove an SRT Yellow Jacket a couple of years back and very much noticed the difference in power between it and my R/T.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm one of those that fell victim to temptation. I loved my '11 RT, and still miss it greatly, but once I got behind the wheel of a 392 SRT, well, I was done for. If/when they come out with the Hellcat, I am avoiding it like the plague. :box2: The 392 Scat Pack Shaker on the other hand... :gr_grin:

We'll see, anyway; I'm awfully enamored by my present SRT. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I have also driven a couple of the 392's. Now I am on the other side here, maybe due to the hype but I expected a LOT MORE than what I got. I am really hoping that once my R/T is supercharged that it will exceed my expectations, time will tell. As long as it is equivalent to the 392 in acceleration, I will be happy with it, if it has a little more than the plan will have been a success!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts