Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2014 SXY for about 3 months and can't believe how much I love it.

I live out in the country, down a 1 mile gravel road, so I drive a dusty Challenger a lot of the time. ;)

Any other Challenger owners living on gravel roads? Anything I need to watch for? I know I need mud flaps, but the tuner and CAI can first!

Thanks

brian

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Save your paint, get the flaps first!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too late! Customer tune install and CAI will be here Thursday.

I will get the mud flaps ordered this week. The only ones I'm aware of are from Mopar and RPI designs. Thinking about going with the ones from RPI. Any other options out there?

brian

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,748 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, OK! I'm ordering!

I have been careful, no Dukes of Hazzard slides around corners...but it is tempting!

brian

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Well since you already ordered the other items taking it slow and easy will have to work until the mudflaps arrive, LOL! I use to live in an area that had dirt roads and the Road Department also oiled and chipped the main roads......I have the Mopar flaps and they work well for me.

As a side note beware of following other vehicles without the mudflaps or lower your deductible for comprehensive insurance. :shakehead:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,748 Posts
Well since you already ordered the other items taking it slow and easy will have to work until the mudflaps arrive, LOL! I use to live in an area that had dirt roads and the Road Department also oiled and chipped the main roads......I have the Mopar flaps and they work well for me.

As a side note beware of following other vehicles without the mudflaps or lower your deductible for comprehensive insurance. :shakehead:
Good advice, zero deductible on glass for sure.:smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,477 Posts
I live in the country, and the first thing I did was order the Challenger with the splash guards!! Country roads can vary quite a bit. Small gravel, large gravel, or just plain dirt. They all create that dust that you can't get away from. I am fortunate to only have a short lane (100 yds) to the highway. I don't take my Challenger out to the field to deliver parts/lunch or run any errands. Use only the trucks for that. The other thing you should be sure of is to give your paint good protection to avoid a lot of scratches. Take good care of your Challenger and enjoy!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome Challenger! I'll bet it turns quite a few heads. :)

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
The previous owner to my Challenger had the clear "bra" installed and also on the side-view mirrors. Seems to do the trick!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm ordering tomorrow...I promise!

brian

·
Premium Member
18,521 Posts
Another item that will help with the dust is a California Duster.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,477 Posts
Art is right!! The duster is something I couldn't live without! Make sure you always have a good coat of wax on the car. Then the dust just slides right off.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The flaps are a good idea with or without the dirt.
Don't they look great!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not necessarily what to buy or install, but I would definitely watch all the Junkman videos several times. It may be common knowledge to most people but I learned a ton about cleaning my car from him. He even has a video about how to correctly use a California duster without damaging your paint.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts