Great Company and Product!

Discussion in 'Solo Performance' started by a6flyr, May 13, 2017.

1. a6flyr

a6flyr Member Military

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I bought a Solo Mach X cat-back for my 2012 Challenger R/T Classic 6MT in 2014 and have been enjoying the sound ever since. About a month ago, it started to develop a rattle somewhere in the middle of the car. After a couple of times up on my Qwik-Jacks to see if I could identify the exact place where the noise was coming from (while the noise got more annoying over time), I finally emailed the company for advice. After Jeff returned my call, asked and answered a few questions, he offered to send a replacement section, with the understanding that I would return my original section so they could examine it. If was something in the exhaust/muffler, the replacement would be under warranty, and if it was something not covered, then they would charge me a (very) reasonable fee for the replacement that they sent. Not wanting to give up on isolating the problem, I asked Jeff for some other ideas for where the exhaust system might have developed a rattle, if not from inside the muffler (Jeff said that the design of the muffler would make that extremely unlikely).

Taking his suggestions, I put the car up on the lift once again and removed the entire system. Frustrated at not finding an obvious culprit, I re-installed the system, and the rattle was still there. Going one more time under the car to look, I finally found it - the small cross-member welded between the pipes at the front, just aft of where the system mounts to the cats had broken a weld. I had to actually spread the pipes apart with a big screwdriver to see it. Finding this, I called Jeff back. He asked me to take it to a muffler shop to have it welded back, and then send the bill to them, so they could reimburse me. I did that, and it only cost me $20 for the fix (I love local auto shops!). I consider Solo's commitment to their product to be payment enough for me.

I got to keep my original system, which I love the sound of and Solo backed their product. We were all winners here! Thanks Solo and thanks Jeff! :)

nunya, GOINGSOLO2, 2strokerip and 2 others like this.
  2. NEPA SCAT

NEPA SCAT Active Member Site Supporter Level 4 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Glad to hear it was a simple fix for you. It is encouraging to hear some companies still care about their customers and reputation not just making a sale. I had a Solo exhaust on my 2013 RTC and was very pleased with how smooth my transaction went as well as the quality of the product.

a6flyr likes this.
  3. wyo.hemi

wyo.hemi Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I loved my solo system on '12 RT for a very reasonable price.

4. GOINGSOLO2

GOINGSOLO2 Member Platinum Vendor

Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Thanks so much for the kind words and thanks for having faith in us!!

Steve

5. nunya

nunya Jeff Site Supporter Level 1 MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Plus
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed

I love the sound of the Solo Mach X exhaust.

shooterjgs and trudyc like this.