Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently Purchased GTS tinted covers from Oilslick and they are nice but most of the black on my car is flat and the front flat light covers have almost a mirror shine. I was wondering if anyone has used a clear plastidip and would it dull the look a bit. Or any other suggestions that might work.
A couple pictures but they don't show what I am talking about. The rear is glossy but not a flat surface so it is not as noticeable. Actually you cant even see them. LOL Ok, so use your imagination.:gy:

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
I think clear PlastiDip is a great idea. Should give you just the look you want, and still reversible should you change your mind.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't ever used the clear or any color other than black so wasn't sure if it is flat or glossy.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey The clear plastidip worked great.:smileup: I went to several lowes and a home depot and they only had the clear glossifier so I ended up ordering a can off Ebay.
I have a couple pics of the front and back(with round 3m tabs). the back represents the same way the front looked before applying plastidip. At night when the lights are on you can see the fuzziness through the covers but I was still able to see fine. I can pull them now with the covers to see well with hids which is why I wanted to pull the tint from the lights and install these removeable covers.

I pulled up to my brothers at Myrtle Beach and he asked me what I did to the covers because they look blacker, which is what I was going for.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts