Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Granted head light intakes are nothing new and there are plenty of older cars out there with 'em... I just came across this watching a show on Youtube. Granted its not a new show, I just never watch tv... so it's new to me! :gy:

Anyway, check this out

How bout them apples?! Reminds me of one video (I think it was SF9) where Ralph Gilles did mention one of the reasons him and his team liked walking around was to get ideas and inspiration from fellow owners. Just struck me as kinda cool seeing this on a car before hand and now the brand new Hellcat is sporting it straight from the factory!

Makes me want to step out there and start trying new things, maybe pushing the envelope, who knows.... maybe some crazy mod a Z member comes up with will be the inspiration for a future model! :7309300734:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I admit, I used to watch that show....."R U Faster Than A *******"....but only to see that Super Cool Challenger!

So Dave....when ya installing the headlight intake on your girl???

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Dave....when ya installing the headlight intake on your girl???
Ha! I don't know Susie, I'm a big fan of uniformity so I would have to make the passenger side appear the same. Plus I was kind of thinking about installing the LMI intake :smileup:

I'm sure after the Hellcat comes out people are gonna be chomping at the bits trying to get their hands on parts or ways to figure out how to do it to their rides. Personally, I think I've decided since I got my Hemi now, I'm just going to pay this monster off as fast as possible. After that, that's when the real fun begins. Would be super cool to have that head light intake done though! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
801 RWHP
8,513 Posts
Goes to show you that it truly is to each his own. The Hellcat sounds incredible. Im sure the numbers will be good. And it's a Challenger, so of course it looks incredible. That said, I am not a fan of the headlight intake. There I said it. Partially Dave, cause of what you already stated. I also like symmetry. And I haven't ever seen one on anything else before, so forgive my ignorance here, but where then is the blinker moved to? And what is the function of the other side? It looks like it needs to go to the body shop to get the headlight put back in. I just like the traditional grill and hood intakes. JMHO.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goes to show you that it truly is to each his own. The Hellcat sounds incredible. Im sure the numbers will be good. And it's a Challenger, so of course it looks incredible. That said, I am not a fan of the headlight intake. There I said it. Partially Dave, cause of what you already stated. I also like symmetry. And I haven't ever seen one on anything else before, so forgive my ignorance here, but where then is the blinker moved to? And what is the function of the other side? It looks like it needs to go to the body shop to get the headlight put back in. I just like the traditional grill and hood intakes. JMHO.
All good! As far as the headlight intake, for that green Challenger up there it looks like it was built specifically to be a track car... so the blinker moved bye bye! Ain't nobody got time for blinkers at a track!

But for the Hellcat (and granted I'm just some nerd on the internet so take this with a grain of salt) I believe the inner two lights are functional, they are just sporting a halo type look.

Here is the driver's side, you can see there is enough space to where I bet that thing illuminates and that's the blinker.

And here is the passenger side.

It's a better shot, but again almost impossible to tell from a picture. If it works like I think (the white ring is actually what illuminates), it covers both my bases. Symmetry and function.

·
801 RWHP
8,513 Posts
Yeah I kinda guessed they moved to halos but didn't want to assume. Always gets me in trouble. LOL. My baby is getting s/c'd this week and also gettin halos installed.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I kinda guessed they moved to halos but didn't want to assume. Always gets me in trouble. LOL. My baby is getting s/c'd this week and also gettin halos installed.
That's the spirit! That thing is gonna be a monster, can't wait to see your before and after dynos! And if I were to hazard a guess, prepare to spend more money on fuel for a couple weeks since that right foot is about to get a little heavier testing out the new SC! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
801 RWHP
8,513 Posts
Hell yeah. This is gonna be a long week. Cant pick her up until at least Friday. But yeah ima go through some go juice. Hopefully not to much beating on the new skins. LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts